cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving help required...

Fixes: 125

Driving help required...

Actually it's suggestions for great music to listen to while driving Cool
With the new car having an mp3 player I can have quite a selection of tracks. The first disc is mainly middle of the road stuff that mother would like.
But for the long journey and all the driving we'll be doing for two weeks on holiday I'm doing a second disc. I've got some Meatloaf and other stuff but am looking for suggestions. Any takers, please?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

15 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Driving help required...

Some of Chris Rea's stuff Is fab when driving. Safe journey and have a nice time Mav.
Community Veteran

Just driven home from dinner listening to Dove 105. I enjoy their music which I find great whilst driving.  Have a look at a playlist:
The Dove
x47c
Grafter

Quote from: Steve_M
Some of Chris Rea's stuff Is fab when driving. Safe journey and have a nice time Mav.

Especially "Road to Hell" - written while he was sitting in the car park known as the M25
This is sort of progress you need to make while playing the song

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

I enjoy the music of the Kitaro. The Japanese composer/musician has had many Grammy award nominations but deserves to be better known in the West.
Kitaro's music helps to keep me relaxed when on long drives on my own.
Amazon has plenty of clips from his albums - in my opinion certainly worth listening to.
Smiley

Fixes: 47

We're not heading for another Plusnet Spotify Play-list are we?
I usually listen to the radio in my car but if pressed for a choice of music it would have to be Pink Floyd.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Ditto re the radio, but if I had MP3 in the car it would certainly include lots of ZZ Top, Cream, Queen, Dire Straits and Pink Floyd.
Individual tracks would include the Faces' Stay With Me, Tom Robinson's 2-4-6-8 Motorway and the Allman Bothers' Jessica.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Some good 'driving tunes' amongst the various 'Top Gear' labelled CDs: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=top%20gear&spre...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

I have an hour each way motorway commute. I now listen more to audio books than music. In the last year I have "read" the complete collection of Robert Ludlum. Now I am on to John le Carre.
For music in the car I like a mixture too, currently Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Chris Rea, James Taylor, Ane Brun, Carly Simon, Stones, Bob Seger.
I make up my own favourites collections of classical music and opera arias too.
Community Veteran

I was reading this earlier in the New York Times.
John Le Carre
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Just completed a pretty long drive to Bill Brysons 'Short History of Time', like oddball prefer audio books Grin
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
I was reading this earlier in the New York Times.
John Le Carre

Thank you, I enjoyed that.
Fixes: 125

Some great suggestions.
Will look at Springsteen & Rhea and already have some Carly Simon. Not a fan of the Stones or Dire Straits but Genesis and Quo may be apt.
Had a quick listen to Kitaro. Like it but more as background music while at the PC than for driving for me.
I like 2-4-6-8 Motorway and there's some good ideas on the Top Gear CDs.
I may add some popular classical music but that is always me with disdain and quick dive for the Next button both by SWMBO and daughter - philistines Roll eyes
SWMBO also likes listening to Heart but I get fed up with the same 10 songs played over again. I swear that each time she turns the radio on they're still playing the same some as last time I was listening  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Razer
Grafter

Quote from: cyrilclark1
I enjoy the music of the Kitaro.

Blimey, someone else has heard of Kitaro! He has a phenomenal catalogue, but Silk Road is still his best piece for me.
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Wow another fan!  I have been listening to Kitaro since the mid 1980s.  I have a decent collection of his work including all of the Silk Road series. Have you tried Sacred Journey of Ku Kai volumes 1-4?
Smiley