cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving License Penalty Points

Lurker
Grafter

Driving License Penalty Points

I am one of what seems to be a minority these days - I have a clean driving license - zero penalty points. (I also haven't had any points on my license in the last 5 years.)
What about everybody else?
PS I drive in excess of 16k miles per year too, so its not because of a low mileage that I haven't been caught in breach of the laws of the road.
37 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Driving License Penalty Points

no points on my licence for 30 years, and I used to do continental trips of 2000 a week
Funny, just talking about it on my local radio as I type
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I have passed the driving test twice..... and both times , I passed First time...... Cheesy
Now 42 years without any endorsements or penalty points... no parking/speeding fines either.....  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I passed a motor bike test in 1954, a car in 1958, an HGV1 in about the 70's all first time and have only ever had one speed penalty, no parking or other
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
I have passed the driving test twice..... and both times , I passed First time...... Cheesy

S'Funny - me too...
Fixes: 104

No points for me either, only ever had one set and they were dubious...
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

I have 3 points on from Nov 2006. Embarrassed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Clean for over 40 years except for one "dubious" small speeding fine over 30 years ago.
(Police car involved that was being driven badly and "inaccurate allegations" made by them that were contradicted and disproved in court)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Well I have just my 3 expired, but what about the fines? I was on a bike, clear straight road good weather, and going slightly over the fixed penalty limit, so it went to court. £250 +3 points! The following week a DRUNK driver was only fined £150  Crazy
I think the judge was anti biker Cry But what can you do?Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Motor offences, must admit found guilty and fined many times (but nothing in the UK......yet).
Used to work in Africa in the 1980's, 'Tangiers to Cairo to the Cape ", did over 150,000 miles in 10 years. Must have averaged 1 ticket per week for some motoring offence or other.
Spot fines varied from a packet of condoms, box of Anti Malaria tablets, Tin of Beans to delivering a body (with entourage of relatives) to the hospital.
Most amusing was being let off after lengthy discussion on Man U’s midfield tactics and the skills of Bryan Robson as a midfielder (in Nigeria).
Worst was being told to park the car, walk to the post office (about a mile away in +40 degrees C.) pay the $30 fine, bring the receipt, and then I could drive away (Botswana).
sharpyuk
Grafter

Been a good boy!! i have been driving since 1997, do an average of 20K a year at the moment and no points what so ever...
But i am not saying i am a saint on the roads Smiley, lucky + speed camera detection Tongue
Denzil
Grafter

No points for me in twenty odd years of driving. I am far from perfect, but I am a stickler for speed limits. Better late in this world than early in the next Smiley.
haggis
Grafter

48 years on the road Car motor bike HGV1 never had  a point or fine of any sort .An average driver Just got on with the job lost count of the miles but over 2,500,000 .
pierre_pierre
Grafter

nearly the same as mine, my speeding was before the points, so no points in over 50 years
Fixes: 125

20 years driving and 3 points in 1998.
I knew someone who got 3 points in 3 days going past the same camera. You'd think he'd learn after the first.
Been 'flashed' a few times usually while still within the speed limit Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still