Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving In France

SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

Driving In France

Living in France, don't have a car driving license and aged 14 years or more, then try this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35210572
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Driving In France

Those VSPs have made their way over here for older folk, usually the Aixam brand ones, you can hear the diesel versions of those a mile off as they sound like a iesel generator with a broken exhaust, and being CVT they're often at full revs...
But of course, in this country you still need a license for one... Grin
Community Veteran

They look a lot like the old three wheel cars that were made for the disabled here.
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero

This isn't your typical 3 wheeler

Looks very nice
Community Veteran

Shocked
Geoff,
York.
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero

Well this one is
From Ligier's French website(translated by Google)
http://www.ligier.fr/microcar/
Discover light quadricycles Dué, M.GO or Flex Microcar.
Perfect city escape ideal for walks in the countryside or your work, the Microcar range déclinable drive without a license or no license Utility!

And the French site clearly states that the Highland is unlicensed or "sans permis"
"The crossover unlicensed Highland Power X offers a bodybuilder profile with its grainy black fender flares and bull bars for a tough protection in a true adventurous spirit. "
http://www.ligier.fr/modele/mgo-highland-x.html
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Oh god, it's a 2-pot Lombardini 500cc diesel in that one, the Aixam ones use a Kubota 2-pot 500cc diesel (hence sounding like generators), it's no wonder they're sans permis, doubt they could pass the emissions tests, still cleaner than a VW though.... Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: georgelnx
This isn't your typical 3 wheeler

Looks very nice

I was actually driving behind one, exactly this colour, and spec, this afternoon..... looked quite smart.... if a bit " cramped" inside...  ...
Don`t think I would get one to replace my beloved SKODA FABIA 1.6 TDI....  Smiley
Community Veteran

This is a piccie of the only ones I've ever noticed in France. They are not difficult to spot as they are restricted to little more than walking space!
I dare say I've seen often seen the more modern ones but not realised they are S.P.
Geoff,
York.
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero

Yep those old ones also have a passing resemblance to that electric car(?) G-Wiz