Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drink as much as you can.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Drink as much as you can.

This reminds me of our local Indian where they have an 'eat as much as you can for a Tenner' every Thursday between 4 and 4.30pm. They tried the same thing at the Chinese..... but folks just kept coming back!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38767941

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Drink as much as you can.

is a possible workaround to this where they charge a "nominal" fee for a refill.
say they have a charge or 0.00001 cents for a refill, the loophole being that they can't physically take the payment for it.

the law only says they can't offer "free" refills, it doesn't say they have to physically take payment for it?

anyways, if a person is in a place that is offering free refills of such drinks then maybe it's not the drink that is the main source of the obesity.

also, will they also be banning smoking? as surely that is a major health risk.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

The thing about the free refills is you can only drink so much before your stomach can't take any more, and the places that offer such things know that, so you get one or two drinks out of the deal and that's it, yeah some people take it to extremes (and damage their health in the process), but, as with anything, the few just spoil it for the many...

Fixes: 47

I occasionally go to a pub/restaurant for a breakfast.

It is an 'All you can eat' place and I usually have 2 eggs, a sausage, some rashers of bacon and a few baked beans plus some mushrooms if they are there.

As for seconds I may have 2 more eggs and some bacon but that's 'all I can eat' and I'm stuffed.

It's all washed down with a cup of coffee.

We used to go to a Taybarns where I would see loads of food wasted.

People would pile a plate with something they hadn't tried before, sit down and take a mouthful then decide they didn't like it.

It was put on one side for disposal as they went for another plate to load up with something else.

Once they had paid their 'entrance fee' they were free to waste as much food as they pleased with their kids doing likewise.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The local weatherspoons had a offer on coffee, you bought the first one and could have as many top ups as you liked but they soon stopped doing it.

Likely due to the number of people who took a paper with them and spent half the day in there for the price of a coffee

Community Veteran

chenks76 wrote:

also, will they also be banning smoking? as surely that is a major health risk.

Smoking is already banned in UK restaurantsWink

@gleneagles Free coffee refills are the norm in the US. You never see people drinking too much. Many soemtimes don't even have a second cup.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

it's not in france though, which is the country we are talking about.
Minivanman
Hero

From what I remember smoking is banned in French restaurants but, you can still take your poodle. As always and regardless they do have an even better habit of ignoring officialdom added to which, you could always have the last laugh and get yourself cremated when the time comes! 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187070-c3131/France:Smoke.Free.France.html

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

chenks76 wrote:
it's not in france though, which is the country we are talking about.

And when were you last in France?Huh

Minivanman
Hero

Back in 2000 or thereabouts you'd be offered smoking or non-smoking which was a bit of a Hobson's Choice as smoking you'd get served under a cloud of Gauloises and non-smoking an ear bashing from screaming kids.  

Minivanman
Hero

@Strat

I used to find it a source of much amusement watching 'the fat family' piling up their 6" plates at these places and amazed at how much they could get onto just the one. The fact that you could go back for more never seemed to enter their heads.

Such places are not for me anymore, they just spoilt what appetite I happened to have. 

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

I remember they were forced to introduce separte no-smoking areas in French restaurants and the no-smoking tables were always the ones nearest the toilet door, all the best tables were in the smoking section.

Minivanman
Hero

Indeed @Jonpe. that's exactly what it was like!

Non- smokers were definitely not part of the established clientele that's for sure but having said that how nice to have a place free of kids, smoke and pets.    

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@Minivanman

Oh so you mean like the Job Centre then?

Minivanman
Hero

Never had any need to go to a job centre in France Wink