cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dressing to please

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Dressing to please

I have a theory; that women don't, as is generally held, dress to please men, they dress to please other women (whatever their persuasion)
Going out to a function, tell your wife/partner she looks great, like the hair, that colour really suits you, nice style etc. etc. she will smile, with that look that says; yes, of course I do you lucky man. At the function, she will immediately assess the designer and cost of the outfit of every other woman in the room. And then lie through her teeth to each and every one about how good they look, whilst lapping up all the positive comments in return, while preening like a demented peacock.
Dress to please men...I don't think so!!
Cry C7
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
20 REPLIES
Bob_Milton
Grafter

Re: Dressing to please

Who do they undress to please ?
Community Veteran

jmd, I think that's one for you...
cp:blue omitting the ? do not mean that is is not a full quote of the preceding post. link:rules mod:end

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
jmd
Grafter

themselves in both respects [especially if one lives alone] Smiley
I dress to please myself anyway...........
cp:blue Quote of preceding post ..... link:rules mod:end
N/A

This one definitely dresses to please herself (as do most of my gender) - comfort being the priority. The exception being for high heels - can't imagine why anyone would want to put themselves through that ordeal.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I still can`t understand why it takes a woman so long to have a bath and comb her hair, put on a few clothes, then take them off and choose something else, and something else, and something else, and something else, and something else, and then end up wearing the first outfit they had on.....
Grin D6
Bob_Milton
Grafter

poppy says,
The exception being for high heels - can't imagine why anyone would want to put themselves through that ordeal.

The important question is how does shutter manage with his high heels?
Community Veteran

Actually, jmb/poppy, I thought you'd be a bit more defensive than that.
Grin A8

Community Veteran

Depends if his seams are straight...

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Shutter and Petlaw  what are you doing in your post that gets an alpha numeric after the smilie?
Shutter had  Grin D6  and Petlaw had  Grin A8  or even  Cry C7

jmd
Grafter

HuhPetlaw - one does not need to be defensive about the fact that I have complete freedom of choice as to what I wear - as a single retired person I don't need to please anyone else only myself...................... and that goes for all my activities! Smiley Smiley Smiley
[and shutter your wife must be very fortunate to have lots of choice of what to wear]
ps I would have included your quote but there is a penguin Cool going around removing them [on this thread only - not on others?]
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

For a long time now, I have had difficulty with my high heels..... I have been to the doctor about them but he says that unless I go to America, to have some remedial surgery, there is nothing much I can do about them....
As for getting my seams straight, I wear glasses, and that precludes the use of needle and thread, so I revert to my ancient skills learnt in the Navy..... If you can`t sew straight..... offer someone your tot, to get them to do it for you.....
@jmd..... Josie.... my wife may be fortunate to have so many changes of clothes, but I am not fortunate to have to wait for her to change, 15 or 20 minutes after the scheduled arrival time.....
@pierre.... well spotted.... we have an arrangement that we use these secret codes to see if anyone knows what we are doing. and it seems that you are the only one who has spotted them.... so far, nobody has cracked the code, and so we will continue to do so.... much the same as the Germans did in the war....
Grin G6

At least the penguin, and other moderators, who shall remain anonymous to protect the innocent......
can`t stop me using so few smileys.  or can they?
Community Veteran

Peter Vaughn is the expert with codes, he has access to an Enigma machine I believe, mind you that was simple stuff compared to this.
Grin H2

Bob_Milton
Grafter

For a long time now, I have had difficulty with my high heels

shutter,

I would very much like to see a photo of you as a hairy-armed matelot, complete with high heels.
You must have a picture like that taken by your wardroom steward friend.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Did they have ward rooms on shore bases?  and they had a regular supply of the real thing, no need for golden rivits Lips are sealed