cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreams

Fixes: 124

Dreams

SWMBO and I were talking about dreams the other day as I had just woken up because of a bad dream that included some loud tapping sounds seconds before the postman knocked with a parcel.
It reminded me of a dream I had when I was a child (probably around 6 or 7) where I was on a bus with my mum on the way to school. My mum got off the bus and I stayed. My mum was then calling me by name to get off the bus. She must have called 4 or 5 times before I woke with my mum standing over the bed calling my name telling me to get ready for school. Now, I know this is common but what I don't understand is how my dream played out so my mum calling my name in my dream matched exactly with her actually calling me.
Was my subconscious aware of her climbing the stairs and caused my dream to go in that direction, just pure coincidence or something else?
Do we dream in real-time or our does 5 minutes in a dream take more or less in reality?
Anyone else got any interesting dream stories (keep it clean Wink)
Out of interest I have always suffered from nightmares as did my dad.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Dreams

I've often had someone knocking on my front door in a dream which has woken me up in the early hours thinking it was real and had me rushing to the window to see who it is.
And there's no-one there Angry
This often happened when I was expecting a parcel and maybe it was my subconscious not wanting me to miss it. Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

falling out of bed, usually coincides with falling off a cliff in my dreams.. !  Cheesy
RichAllen
Grafter

When I'm watching TV and I hear a phone ring, I always think it's mine and rush to answer it! Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Mav
Was my subconscious aware of her climbing the stairs and caused my dream to go in that direction, just pure coincidence or something else?
Do we dream in real-time or our does 5 minutes in a dream take more or less in reality?

Not a clue but once or twice I have had a dream where real life / event sounds were part of my dream. Naturally I woke and was a bit confused.
Quote from: Mav
Out of interest I have always suffered from nightmares as did my dad.

I don't suffer nightmares often but moons ago i dreamt the bor from star trek had invaded my workplace. It was terrifying and I woke up with my heart racing like crazy. Another one (about the same place) was that it was haunted and there were files flying round in the air all over the place and filing cabinets walking along the floor etc. Truly terrifying.
This year has been a bit strange for me though, my grandfather passed away a decade ago. I never really had any dreams about him but recently my grandmother went and then I started having dreams where I was talking to her and he'd be in the distance doing something. Recently though she's taken a backseat and it's him that I end up talking to and on one occassion he was furious with me for something telling me I was "FFS, you're wasting time" and he shouted it at me several times. I woke up in tears. Very odd. Nothing about him for years and then this year he's talking to me.. I can't help but wonder if there is some sort of afterlife / connection when things like that happen.
Recently though I've got into an odd state.. I'll start to doze off, start dreaming but then partially wake up and continue dreaming at the same time. Some times I can wake right up (eg to turn over or drink some water), lay there thinking for a few minutes and then I'll go back into the same dream as if it was put on pause for me Shocked
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!