cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful movies

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Dreadful movies

Not being a huge fan of Bruce Willis, recently made the mistake of picking up the DVD "A good day to Die Hard" very largely because SWMBO quite enjoys the others from 1 to 3 and can just about put up with 4, so thought it would be good to make up the set for her.
We watched it last evening, and it was diabolically awful, unintelligible plot,  unintelligible dialogue and sub-titles (for the Russian parts of the "script") only fleetingly on-screen with completely insufficient time to read them, not that I suspect they added anything intelligent to the proceedings.
We stayed with it on the assumption that something interesting would come out of it, but at the end, we looked at each other and said as one "what was that all about"
Anybody want a free copy, only played once? before it becomes a bird scarer.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
16 REPLIES
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Dreadful movies

Sell it on eBay or eBid, eBid is Free to list it on.
Fixes: 124

The first and third were the best.
The last one was, hopefully, the last one!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Yes it was pretty bad, but can certainly name worse ones (The expendables I and II) which I made a mistake of borrowing from the library.
Both  feature an aging Stallone,  Willis and Schwarzenegger, even if considered as slapstick they we're not funny.
Infinity
Pro

There's worse....
Los Angeles 'destroyed by flying sharks sucked up by tornado'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2360579/Los-Angeles-destroyed-flying-sharks-sucked-torn...
Infinity
Pro

Twitter goes into meltdown over 'hilarious' and 'awesome' Sharknado as writers scramble to churn out a sequel
It may be a strong contender for the most ridiculous movie ever made, but Sharknado caused a Twitter tidal wave and even won over critics when it aired in the US on Thursday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2362039/Twitter-goes-meltdown-hilarious-awesome-Sharkna...
David_W
Rising Star

I think Titanic 2 may take some beating in the "huh?" stakes.  Though the Twilight moves are totally horrific.
Infinity
Pro

Sharknado, the Sequel...
Sharknado became something of an overnight sensation after airing in the US on Thursday, thanks to its preposterous plot and rather wonderfully ridiculous dialogue.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2362433/Tara-Reid-reveals-Sharknado-sequel-brilliantly-...
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

From what I have seen of it, it should have ended up on the cutting room floor.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: journeys
Yes it was pretty bad, but can certainly name worse ones (The expendables I and II) which I made a mistake of borrowing from the library.
Both  feature an aging Stallone,  Willis and Schwarzenegger, even if considered as slapstick they we're not funny.

Here, here! I couldn't have put it better myself.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

One man's meat..... Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Expendables, truly awful. A battle of catchphrases.
Why? Must be for the money (not the script).  Schwarzenegger was so much better in Last Stand as the ageing sheriff.
Fixes: 47

I have Expendables 1 and 2 and quite enjoy them.
I also enjoy 2001, John Carter, Super 8, Final Destination, Hancock, Star Trek, Slumdog Millionaire, Matrix, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Bee Movie, Transporter, The Da Vinci Code, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Pearl Harbour and Rita Sue and Bob too...to name but a few. So my tastes are varied.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 124

Yes, I thought both the Expendable films were entertaining and fun. a couple of hours escapism.
Horses for courses Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Devonian
Grafter

I think this could be a rather good contender Wink