cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dr. David Kelly

Community Veteran

Dr. David Kelly

It has been announced that the findings into the death of Dr. David Kelly will be kept secret for up to 70 years.  The order for this was given by Lord Hutton who conducted an inquiry into Dr. Kelly's death.
One has to ask if the death of Dr. Kelly was suicide then why would this unusual step be taken?  What has the government got to hide?  I wonder if this will be put to B liar when he appears at Chilcot.
David Kelly
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Dr. David Kelly

My first thought when I saw that report was - Who gave him the authority to do that  Crazy
Community Veteran

rather makes a nonsense of the tosh that the government is going to be more transparent.
Community Veteran

Apparently nobody - but obviously someone must have influenced his decision.  Hopefully now that this matter has become public it will be raised in Parliament and action taken to release the information.  As I understand it even his family has not been able to access the records.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

How to make a scandal, more of a scandal,....... keep it secret until everyone "interested" is dead...... Including the guy who ordered it.. Lord Hutton, himself !  Lips are sealed
(from the above link)
The normal rules on post-mortems allow close relatives and ‘properly interested persons’ to apply to see a copy of the report and to ‘inspect’ other documents.
Lord Hutton’s measure has overridden these rules, so the files will not be opened until all such people are likely to be dead.

If Parliament "ordered" it, then they wll not "un-order" it...... it will have to go to the European Courts of Justice, methinks ..... Undecided
Community Veteran

Ah, but a change of government in May could change all that Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I sincerely hope so.
What’s the quote something about  "a hole, excrement, and digging", if they didn't do anything nobody would have noticed.
I felt David Kelly was a very principled and ethical person who was just pushed too far by corrupt politicians.
adie:quote
Community Veteran

IIRC - some papers from many years ago - even going back to WWII and beyond are still secret
I'm not saying it is necessarily right - but it happens and I'm not even sure if the European Courts being able to change it ?.
Community Veteran

But what possible reason would there be in this case if David Kelly was supposed to have committed suicide?  A cover-up is the only explanation.
Community Veteran

Are you honestly saying that this is the only cover up ?. There have been such things throughout history.
examples - Churchill covered up matters for the sake of national security - and many of these only came to light in recent years.
Roosevelt covered up he was directly helping the UK between 1939 and 1941  at a great risk to his own Presidency.
But I'm not defending this current crop of politicians ( I don't like Brown either )  - just being realistic and pragmatic.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

To paraphrase a comment I read today: With this big-brother state we are constantly told; if you have nothing hide, you have nothing to worry about. Rather appropriate in this context I feel...So why hide it?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Absolutely.  The official cause of death was given as severing of the ulnar artery. Eminent medical opinion states that this could not have caused Dr. Kelly's death.  It's also strange that no inquest was held into his death.  I wonder why, a cover up perhaps?
Community Veteran

Bliar does before the Chilcot Inquiry on Friday.  I do hope they ask him about Dr. Kelly.