Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doris were did you park the car?

Community Veteran

Doris were did you park the car?

see
http://crewetown.blogspot.com/
We were all amused  down in Crewe with this one what can you come up with for a caption for the local paper?
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Doris were did you park the car?

Amazing!  I can't even see the road!  How did they manage to get the car there without disturbing the flowerbeds?  Crazy
John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Ever so slightly worrying somebody in charge of a website in Crewe can't spell
Doris were where did you park the car?

Lurker
Grafter

If it comes to it - I never knew he only had one eye...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

See!..... Disabled drivers can park anywhere they want to....... Roll eyes
skippyonspeed
Grafter

Quote from: hulls
Amazing!  I can't even see the road!  How did they manage to get the car there without disturbing the flowerbeds?

Perhaps they thought it was one of those new drive through libraries and slipped of the path leading up to it!
scootie
Grafter

wonder if the copper said your booked
Fixes: 121

Not sure leaving the doors open while you browse the library is a good idea  Grin

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

scootie
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
See!..... Disabled drivers can park anywhere they want to....... Roll eyes

that car is better parked than 3 cars that are currently parked in my street. drives me  Crazy when people park the cars so far on the pavment you cant even use the pavment to walk on.
not to drivers its called road tax not pavment tax
Community Veteran

when people park the cars so far on the pavment you cant even use the pavment to walk on.

just phone up the local council (parking control officer or whatever) and tell them.... cos I think you will find it is illegal to park on the pavement... and they should send a warden round to slap a ticket on them...
Community Veteran

The council cant place tickets on a car for parking on the pavement. we had this see http://www.crewetown.co.uk/campaign.htm its not illegal to park on the pavement(it should be) a council parking dude cant issues a ticket for this only a Police officer can.
Some council can pass bylaws on pavement parking and in that case they may be able to issue a ticket.
Its seems crazy but we had the Police inspector and superintendent over it and that was there reply. As you can see on the web pics people in our area park full on the pavement so prams have to go on the road risking lives
scootie
Grafter

my local council have just recently taken over control of parking inforcment from the police.
http://www.chesterfield.gov.uk/default.aspx?CATID=968
i am not going to even bother complaing as i know it will not get anywhere.
never mind prams not being able to get by some times i cant even get by with my dogs
all tho last year my neighbour had skip delivered and it was placed on the road within 15mins  a highway agency pick up pulled up bloke got out and took photo's of it. my neighbour went to speak to him and he said they didnt have a licence to park it on the road.
luckly it was the skip company liable
the dude must of been waiting round the corner to be that quick on the case
Community Veteran

« Reply #11 on Today at 01:17 »
my local council have just recently taken over control of parking inforcment from the police.
http://www.chesterfield.g...uk/default.aspx?CATID=968

i am not going to even bother complaing as i know it will not get anywhere.

If you don`t complain to the council....... you can hardly complain about the parking  Roll eyes  Roll eyes  Roll eyes 
Community Veteran

The press report is out on this car and apparently the driver was an 86 year old women and the passenger 79 years. I think when the car took of it played nearer my god to thee.
In the same week in good old Crewe firemen were called to a house fire and they all came out happy as the house was full of weed it took them some time to work out what it was and by then they were all very happy. Who says nothing ever happens in Crewe we even had the Royal Scot running on monday 
scootie
Grafter

Royal Scot

would that be gordon brown
If you don`t complain to the council....... you can hardly complain about the parking 

i can complain about anything i want. Even rotting hedgehogs in slippers  Grin