cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Donald Trump in Brussels and NATO

Leapy
Aspiring Pro

Donald Trump in Brussels and NATO

I just watched Donald Trump in Brussels talking to the Heads of NATO at their new HQ, Smiley

It's a much watch moment in history as he told them some must pay 2% of GDP and pay what they owe.

He said  "I didn't ask how much their new HQ cost, but its beautiful"Funny

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,
21 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Donald Trump in Brussels and NATO

Yes it was a real "get your hands in your pockets" moment.

I'm surprised he didn't say that he would gets the Sheriffs in if they didn't pay up.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Leapy
Aspiring Pro

Clearly it was not what the 28 leaders expected as they all looked very uncomfortable when he talked money and had a dig that they don't pay their way, but build a new NATO HQ in Brussels Wink

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/809292/Donald-Trump-NATO-news-President-rips-apart-Europe-leader...

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,
Community Veteran

He told it as it is - we pay our rightful share and so should others.

Also good to see he was not happy with his security services passing details of the Manchester bombing to American newspapers.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Although i don't like Trumpton Funny I believe what he said needed saying Thumbs Up  and the 24 who dont pay have been allowed to get away with it

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

Trump telling people to pay what they owe is laughable. The other laughable thing is expecting every other country in Europe to spend the like of what the US does on defence. America builds tanks for the sake of building tanks, because congress tells them to just to keep people (and themselves) in jobs, despite the army not wanting the tanks and having no need for them.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/12/18/congress-again-buys-abrams-tanks-the-army-doesnt-want....
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/01/28/pentagon-tells-congress-to-stop-buying-equipment-it-do...

What's the US national debt at now? $20 trillion or something? Defence / war spending is close to $600 billion (annually). If they're going to spend it, go ahead. But don't [-Censored-] and moan about nobody else matching your spending. It's like going for a night out and complaining your mates aren't drinking their pay cheque away just to [-Censored-] it up a wall.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Maybe it's time the U.S. and it's bum kissing allies stopped bombing the poop out of all and sundry.

Want to save NATO money and lives whilst we are at it? Well that's one way to do it in my book. Chickens home to roost and all that and Corbyn bless his cotton socks seems to be the only one at the moment pointing out an uncomfortable truth by saying it 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Corbyn is wrong !!!  IS and such other Islamist groups are intent  on converting the whole world to islam , and their view of Shria law !

Stopping any attacks on them will not stop them Killing innocent people who dont belive !

You have to make a decision do you want to live free or do you want to live under islam

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

How is the wrong?

Nobody is saying that if we were not dropping bombs over Iraq and Syria in an attempt to defeat ISIS our troubles (to put it mildly) would be over, but air strikes such as the one yesterday which killed over 100 civilians in Mosul are not helping matters.

Draw a comparison if you will with Ireland, and British troops out would not have meant no bombs in Birmingham for example back in 1974 which resulted in the death of 21 youngsters. I know it does not work like that and regardless of what, ISIS still wants a caliphate lording it over the middle east and beyond and the IRA would still have wanted a united Ireland - but here in the west I am not so sure that is that why we are being targeted by Islamic extremists.

Look to history and we can see just how the west and primarily the British tried to carve up the middle east regardless of tribal lands and a population that did not recognise those lines we drew on the map without a by-your-leave in a scramble for oil and influence - and look at what an utter mess we left it in with those puppet governments.

Democracy for all it's worth and adoption by western nations is not a one size fits all and the sooner we realise that and mind our own business the better in my book and no, it's not a solution - but it would make a damn fine start.    

Dare to dream eh?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
nadger
Rising Star

He certainly barged his way to the front of the photo shoot.

Still think he sacked FBI director for, at 6'8", looking down on him Wink

bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

rongtw wrote:

Corbyn is wrong !!!  IS and such other Islamist groups are intent  on converting the whole world to islam , and their view of Shria law !

Stopping any attacks on them will not stop them Killing innocent people who dont belive !

You have to make a decision do you want to live free or do you want to live under islam

If our government truly cared about stopping extremist Islam, they would not be doing deals with Saudi Arabia, which is the birth place and nurturing centre of Wahhabism. It's that simple. But they don't care. They would rather sell the Saudis billion dollar contracts for arms and sell them fighters to make our rich richer, than they care about the victims of terror. A few dead civilians versus several billion dollars worth of arms is a price worth paying. Because those dead and injured lives will probably only cost in the tens of millions. Same for the cost of putting a few token soldiers on the streets. They also know that if they stopped trading with the Saudis, the Saudis would simply go to China or Russia.

Blaming Corbyn is a cheap cop out. Every government that has dealt with or continues to deal with Saudi Arabia is to blame and has the blood of our own citizens on it's hands. If you believe any one government is any worse than the other you are a moron. Their job is to make money and serve the countries own geopolitical interests. Not yours. And swearing allegiance to or voting for one political party blindly because you don't like who is in charge of the other makes you a moron. The same kind of moron who would vote Donald Trump into power because he promised to bring back the coal industry and you're too stupid to realise coal is dead.

Edit: Further reading.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/britain-is-now-the-second-biggest-arms-dealer-in-the-...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/38365529/from-egypt-to-saudi-arabia-heres-who-the-uk-is-sellin...

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Saudi , is not the birthplace of extermists !! Look at history

anti islam realy started with the Crusades and saladin . which  lasted for ages http://www.historytoday.com/nicholas-morton/was-first-crusade-really-war-against-islam

And Corbyn reasoning that we casued the manchester bomb by bombing syria is poop , if you look at all the islamic fundalmentalist , why is it only one bombing the EU and UK ?Huh

Has Boko Haram bombed us yet ?? there are lots more who dont

bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

I didn't say it was the birth place of extremists. I said it was the birth place of Wahhabism. The most ultra conservative form of Islam that is currently the biggest threat to our society today. The Crusades have [-Censored-] all to do with today's problem. But continue to deflect.

How is Corbyn's opinion poop? Britain went in to the middle east on falsified evidence at the beck and call of the United States and we turned the place into a slaughter house. We've destabilised the entire region. Was getting rid of the dictators really worth what we're left with? The middle east was not our problem. The largest public protests in the UKs history were against going into the middle east. And the government completely ignored us and went anyway. Ironically, it was his party that ignored us and went in.

Boko Haram hasn't bombed us because they don't have the financial backing that middle eastern groups do. IS hasn't bombed us either. We're dealing with lone wolves or nationally born terrorists domestically and then IS claims the attack as their own for their own propaganda. The IS is too busy getting their teeth kicked in by the Kurds and coalition to be launching overseas attacks themeslves.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/a-new-study-sheds-light-on-what-motivates-a-lone-wolf-terrorist-2015-2

"Every terrorist I’ve ever interviewed, these people collect wounds," Navarro explains in the report. "They will go back in history and tell you about the Crusades. That’s a thousand years ago, and they’ll tell you about it. They’re collecting these injustices and they just hang on to them."

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

From the BBC news 

Labour's former home secretary, Charles Clarke, told BBC Two's Newsnight that Mr Corbyn was "simply wrong" about the war on terror.

And Lib Dem Leader Tim Farron said: "A few days ago, a young man built a bomb, walked into a pop concert and deliberately slaughtered children. Our children. Families are grieving. A community is in shock.

"Jeremy Corbyn has chosen to use that grotesque act to make a political point.

"I don't agree with what he says, but I disagree even more that now is the time to say it. That's not leadership, it's putting politics before people at a time of tragedy."

bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

What's your point? Or don't you have one and you're just throwing out talking head quotes that agree with what you wish you were smart enough to come up with on your own?

Corbyn is a politician. Making political points is his job. That some people are offended by his timing to say them, that's their problem for being overly sensitive special little snowflakes. Which is basically the Lib Dem party in a nut shell.

And as for Charles Clarke. He said in 2015...

He said: “We can’t rewrite history. The decision was taken, rightly or wrongly. I believe it was right but other people will take a different view. How does an apology help all of that? I think it is a cynical voteseeking move by Jeremy.”

Believed it was right to go into Iraq. Despite the falsified evidence and the cluster [-Censored-] it became. Too much of a coward to apologise to the people of Britain that he and his party [-Censored-]ed up, turned the middle east into a slaughter house, destabilised the entire region and a war that lead to the deaths of 179 British service personnel who shouldn't have been there (and died for nothing) in the first place. Not to mention the deaths of the people of Iraq after the invasion.

Stellar man.