Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't you hate it when.......

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Don't you hate it when.......

Out shopping Saturday, come back 11:45am to find a Post Office Red Card had been pushed though the letterbox 10 minutes before, stating a Parcel could be collected from the local sorting office, after 6 hours.
The sorting office closes at Noon !
And is not open Sundays.
I know what is in the Parcel, nice Tech stuff for myself, ordered Friday.
And an agonising and frustrating wait until 7am Monday morning when the Sorting Office opens, for collections.
Parcels of this size are delivered by a small PO Van, by a Postman called Pat !!
He has a cat shaped air freshener hanging from his rear view mirror, dressed in Newcastle FC colours....
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Don't you hate it when.......

We're lucky in that respect, our normal postie lives up the road so knows us quite well. If I miss a delivery I can catch up with him on the other part of the housing development and grab it from his van while he's still in the area. No ID needed he knows us both well enough not to worry but he always takes the card back from me.
Luckily it's a big development area so he is always around here for several hours. I think we've only been to the sorting office once in the last 3-4 years.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

The excitement is building, only 90 minutes to go...
Our previous Postie was excellent too, he was our regular for at least 3 years.
Then they introduced this stupid policy of rotating Posties, who seem to change every other week.
Rotating Posties, now there's an image to conjure up !
TORPC
Grafter

The dogs that love Posties would never spit out a dry roasted Postie leg Tongue