Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't panic Corp Jones

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Don't panic Corp Jones

Massive bomb in Pompey. City and surrounding countryside evacuated.Wink

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-39049048

131 Kg in harbour, trains and ferries were stopped.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
40 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Don't panic Corp Jones

One wonders how many UXBs are still around the British IslesUndecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

I suspect they have no idea, but the thousands of tons dropped on the UK pales against the millions dropped on Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia - more than twice the amount of bombs dropped on Europe and Asia in World War II.

What a terrible species we are, and what a terrible legacy we leave.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

As bombs go quite a small one.

Must be many in numerous harbours/bays as it was usual practice after bombing the docks/town that any remaining bombs would just be dumped.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

This is not uncommon, in Portsmouth.   several have been found recently, due to the dredging work being carried out to enable the new carriers to enter and leave the dockyard.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

I dread the day I find one with my metal detector, I've often panicked at the site of a buried rusty bomb shaped object only to later discover it's an old oil drum or car exhaust. I do find a lot of bullets sometimes. I once found an old tool which some people know as a 'Rampant Rodger Rabbit', I only discovered it because it still had batteries inside, thankfully though it no longer vibrated! Grin 

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

@MKSlinky  They seem to be everywhere http://www.fisharound.net/news/fishing-stories/967/angler-finds-sex-toy-inside-cods-stomach  And you may remember the story a few years ago about the woman who put one in when she was drunk and forgot about it for 10 years.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

I can believe the one about the fishes stomach though it's probably a load of cods!

As for the one in the ladies foofoo, really? I don't believe that. No doubt a Sun story?!

Community Veteran

I think a woman would notice something left inside "herself", I mean, 10 years and a man not noticing that there was "something up there"?? Funny

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

Ah yes but if she felt the need to use one of those maybe she didn't have a man. I worked with a women once who used to have a horrible odour about her, annoyingly she used to sit and chat to me at lunch break and even she said she was aware of it. One day she came to work smelling like roses, I couldn't believe the transformation and she even seemed happier. I asked her why the sudden change? Her reply.."I saw my doctor and after examining me he found an old Tampax stuck inside me"!! Fortunately I wasn't having lunch at the time. Now where's that vomit emoji got too? 

Community Veteran

An old tampon?? Don't they cause TSS (a life-threatening condition) if left in place too long?? Shocked

But then, those are soft & squishy when they're, er, saturated, so, probably easy to miss, at a guess..... Crazy2

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

Yes she had had quite a lot of time off work with women's troubles, of course none of us realised what it was until she mentioned it. By all accounts it had been pushed too far in causing an infection hence the nasty odour.

Not a nice topic of conversation really.... Lips are sealed

Community Veteran

Amazing to think she brought it up at all, but then I guess in this day and age such thing aren't as "behind closed doors" as they used to be... Grin

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

I hate to say it but she did have a name for herself. I was working in security at our local shopping centre at the time as control room operator, she was my supervisor and an ex-store detective. Old an haggard with face like a dried prune! She thought all the guys fancied her including me, I'm gay! Funny 

Community Veteran

Ah, one of those ladies....... Shocked