cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't go shopping while hungry

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Don't go shopping while hungry

I went to a property auction this morning, just to get to feel how the auction process works. I went hungry and left as a landowner.... ooops. Now to decide what to do with an acre of farmland. I'm not even sure of the BB speed in the locality.
Has anyone else made madly impulsive buys at sales?
At the local pub they tell me that land doesn't lose value and not to worry.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Don't go shopping while hungry

Did you visit the pub first and that is the cause?  Don't drink and auction.
I only impulse buy when food shopping so I usually shop online for that, otherwise I know what I am after and only buy what I need and if its in a sale all the better.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The pub was post auction and before I went home to the wife.  Her comment "I'm sure we can find lots of useful things to do with that...."
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

lol
Only ever bought on impulse and that was when we found this PC in the local supermarket at a knock down price. By that I mean it was a genuine bargain not one of those false / clever advertising bargains. The entire machine including monitor cost less than windows itself  Crazy Needless to say it was off the shelf faster than you could say speedy gonzales.
Did buy a car completely blind a few years back.. just a small text description on ebay and no photos or any service history. It was over 400 miles away too so I took a huge change on it but it worked out well. Most reliable one I've had actually.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!