Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Re: Don't Feed the Ducks

Well, I hope she ducks the bill ........ Roll_eyes
Highlighted
Grafter

I would be more worried about the goose/duck poo lying around than the bread left for them!  They should fine the birds.  They should also observe litter laws.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Josie! do I detect a note of seriousness creeping in here?
Not at all what we eggspect at this stage of a thread...
Petlew ducks
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: Anotherone
the council may have to pass a bye-law before it can put up signs banning such activity.

I always thought they had to as well. It seems these days that the government and its chums are turning the law around so that they can fine/charge us for any offence picked out of the sky and you're only innocence if there is a specific law there to protect you.
Quote from: artmo
Feeding the ducks has always been a pastime for young children and their parents.

Yep, it makes you wonder why the hell these people have come up with this tripe! It's a national past time feeding ducks with your children. We've all been to the park to feed the ducks at some point in our lives, I think who ever dreamed up this BS should face a formal enquiry to be honest. It's clearly a method of obtaining money by deception and further as I understood it if you've carried out an activity over 20 years you can not be legally stopped? - This law apparently used to exist before this bunch of sharks came to power but I'm certain it won't now...
Quote from: artmo
It makes you wonder where all this nonsense will end Huh

If the sharks in power had their way it would be with our extermination and a bunch of immigrants living and working here as their slaves. Sounds far fetched doesn't it but what have they done to stop immigrants coming here? Which nationality is being taxed so much that most of us are struggling to feed ourselves? What mob are eroding all of our civil liberties bit by bit so that they can pretty much have anyone for anything?
Quote from: Petlew
The mother should dig her heels in and refuse to pay the fine. Let the council take her to court. Get as much publicity as she can, and watch with the rest of us while the council squirms with abject embarrassment...if its not like water off a ducks back, to coin a phrase.

I agree. It would be interesting to see this one progressed by the council. No signs but fines! Very disturbing IMO.
Just for the benefit of everyone that reads this, only the police, some traffic officers, VOSA etc have legal power to stop you and take your details. I don't believe that council wardens do and they certainly DO NOT HAVE POWERS OF ARREST if you refuse to hand over your details. Sure they can call the police.. and let them do it. They'll look like idiots across national TV.
Quote from: Mav
This park has a problem with Canada Geese and people living nearby have made many complaints about them. They feel intimidated by the large numbers of geese.

Had to laugh at that.

Me too. We get them flying over us almost daily in large flocks. Frankly I welcome them. If the locals don't like them and they chose to move and live there knowing that there is a park then they have no-one but themselves to blame. If they don't like it then go and live elsewhere. Unless the park was created within their life time and they've lived there since before that time, then they have no reason to complain.
Quote from: Mav
Many road-users also feel the birds are a danger to motorists as they regularly obstruct the road.

How about just driving a little slower and with more care through the park - after all, ducks have been around far longer than cars!

Exactly.
Makes you wonder though doesn't it? - The government and councils hate motorists yet use them at will as their friend to persecute others. What is the matter with these people?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Quote from: poppy
Yes, okrzynska has a point - wonder if it would have been followed up had the lady not been indigenous?

No of course not, they would be too scared of complaints of racism and the threat of further action taken against them. I'm not racist myself but those from other countries know how to play the racist card against officials. If this had happened in this situation the Warden would of been only too aware of the possible results and probably wouldn't of bothered in the first place.
The British are easy targets. It's positive discrimination.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Are we back on topic - that Wood be an achievement Roll_eyes
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

and make the feathers fly !  Roll_eyes
Highlighted
Community Veteran

lol
Highlighted
Community Veteran

......on a wing and a prayer Roll_eyes
Highlighted
Grafter

no, a quack and a
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Don't duck the issue - complete your sentence Wink
Your tern Grin
Highlighted
Fixes: 458

I can't compete with this lot Lips_are_sealed

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 79.0 (64-bit)

Highlighted
Grafter

with a quack and a hiss

is that better artmo?
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Either or eider I suppose...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.