cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Feed the Ducks

Community Veteran

Don't Feed the Ducks

Can you believe this?  A child asked not to feed the ducks and his mother given a fine for littering Sad

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/140047/A-75-litter-fine-for-taking-my-son-to-feed-the-ducks
2,033 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Don't Feed the Ducks

Isn't this pathetic. It really is true, the UK government and its pals from various authorities officially dislike british people it seems. Had it been some one who was not from the UK this would never of happened because the warden would stand accused of racism.
I think we all know how to respond to a warden asking for a name and address Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

It's another loony left council  - I agee with you that some officialdom really hate the people they serve Sad
N/A

Yes, okrzynska has a point - wonder if it would have been followed up had the lady not been indigenous?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It will be interesting to see if the paper follows up on this story with the results, or even if they "assist" her financially,  (Which I think they should, having used the story to their advantage)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

The warden should be disciplined for the way in which this was dealt with, the councillor who commented should be asked to resign and the council may have to pass a bye-law before it can put up signs banning such activity. Absolutely ridiculous.
The woman could also complain to the Local Government Ombudsman.
Community Veteran

Feeding the ducks has always been a pastime for young children and their parents.  It makes you wonder where all this nonsense will end Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The mother should dig her heels in and refuse to pay the fine. Let the council take her to court. Get as much publicity as she can, and watch with the rest of us while the council squirms with abject embarrassment...if its not like water off a ducks back, to coin a phrase.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 125

This park has a problem with Canada Geese and people living nearby have made many complaints about them. They feel intimidated by the large numbers of geese.

Had to laugh at that.
Many road-users also feel the birds are a danger to motorists as they regularly obstruct the road.

How about just driving a little slower and with more care through the park - after all, ducks have been around far longer than cars!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I think the council are just trying to duck the issue Mav  Wink Wink

Bleeding quackers if you ask me  Cheesy

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran

They may have to muall-ard over the issue though.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Possibly waded in without looking at the issues Smiley

Lets hope the poor woman doesn't end up before the beak  Cheesy

Community Veteran

If she is, lets hope he'll be gen-teal with her...