cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dog excrement.

Rising Star

Dog excrement.

I've been having my hour exercise walking  along a country path where I live. I have noticed a few tied up plastic bags  containing dog poo just dropped by the side of the path or one was even hung on a tree. This is worse  than not picking it up. Why can't the owners take the bag home after going to the trouble of picking it up?  Is it that someone else was around and they wanted to appear to be responsible owners by picking it up before discarding when nobody was in sight?

5 REPLIES 5
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: Dog excrement.

@salmo Also what doesnt help is that the litter bins have been taped off around here as they are not been emptied at the moment so also people are just throwing the bags down instead of taking them home......lazy sods.AngryAngry

Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Unfortunately, some people want the advantages of having a loyal friend, but they don't want the responsibility that goes with it and that gives all dog owners a bad name ☹️. Although not an excuse, there are a lack of bins around these days to deposit the bags in and walking along the road with a poo bag in your hand is not a lot of fun (neither is seeing discarded bags or worse). I have seen some walkers deposit a bag at the side of the road on a verge, then pick it up when they walk back to take it home.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

If they were walking in the countryside it would be better if they took a little shovel with them. And then just flicked / put the doggy do in the middle of a blackberry bush.

Seasoned Champion

Happens all the time at busy visitor 'beauty spots' round by us ( or 'dog toilets' as they are called ),  doggy doo in plastic bags hanging off trees / bushes or just dumped on or by the paths, and that is when the bins are working ! It is still one up on cat owners though who are happy for their furry pests to cr4p in the local kids park sand-pit or any neighbours garden ( and why do they always choose the nice soft soil you have sieved an worked hard on to plant seedlings etc.) I think cats can smell freshly turned soil from a hundred metres away.  We have even had some deranged moggie cr4p on our nice dry doormat when the garden was wet,  and in a previous house when we had a carport with slabs down the outside for car wheels and pea-gravel in the centre it was as though we had put a notice up on all the local lamposts in cat language saying 'this way to nice dry convenient toilet'.. disgusting messes we used to find under the carport.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

@billnotben wrote:

If they were walking in the countryside it would be better if they took a little shovel with them. And then just flicked / put the doggy do in the middle of a blackberry bush.

And when you flick things they can go a little higher than intended......

Not uncommon to see people picking wild blackberries....

😉