Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dog dumped because he limps!

jmd
Grafter

Dog dumped because he limps!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-11381878
A lovely looking dog and appears to have been dumped because he limps - would the man have dumped his child if disabled?
How can people behave like this to animals!! Angry
11 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Dog dumped because he limps!

I think the report indicated that the dog limped because it had very overlong nails
Steve
Seasoned Pro

note to self...stop reading these threads as It makes my blood boil.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Steve
Seasoned Pro

sin sin sin, I will tell you all a story, And It has hurt my being through out life as I feel I'm evil, My father went through a few dogs when I was a child, And on occasion I persuaded him to let me keep a dog as a companion, You know what he MADE me do? Take the dog's away and lose them, I was NOT to come back with the dog.
Why he made me do that Is just pure evil!! And I hate myself for having to do It!!
The pain and anger and upset, Of HAVING to do that or else Saddens me deeply, You will never understand what that made me feel like as a child doing that and turning my back on them and walking away HURT'S me deeply, Even to this very day.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

It's ****ing sick what some people will do these days. For gods sake people if you can't care for your pets ring the RSPCA. They can't take every animal but they do where possible try to assist struggling owners to keep their pets. I just can not understand why people are so careless.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
David_W
Rising Star

It's a beautiful looking dog, if I were allowed a dog in my flat I'd go pick him up myself!  I really can't understand people who are cruel to anyone (animal or human), I had a gorgeous German shepherd called Ben, as a puppy him and his litter were dumped in a bag in Penzance, we got the runt but his personality (after he had the snip) was wonderful, he even figured out how to open doors, it broke my heart when he died, dumping a dog, yeah, that's like dumping a member of your family.
Denzil
Grafter

This is despicable. I hope they throw the book at him.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

A book? That's to kind, How about this!!

Fixes: 125

I totally misinterpreted the titled  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

It seems the dog was dumped because it had bitten a child
From the Chorley Guardian
Published Date: 24 September 2010
A dog owner whose friends were filmed on CCTV abandoning his lame pet at the side of a road told how he'd become "worldwide public enemy number one".
Andrew Shepherd, 46, asked his two friends Jenny Hadfield, 55, and Michael Hartley, 53, to help after his dog Brandy bit an eight-year-old boy on holiday in Dorset.
But instead of seeking professional help, the pair left Brandy, a former rescue dog, next to a road almost 300 miles from home and drove off.
Footage of the incident has sparked outrage and condemnation from animal lovers and prompted an RSPCA investigation.
Mr Shepherd, who lives in Clayton Brook, near Chorley, said "I'm completely cut up. The house is empty, I've lost my best friend of six years.
"I love her and she loves me. She was beautiful, my best friend. We've never been apart. She's irreplaceable."
* A full story will be appearing in next week's Chorley and Leyland Guardian.

jim:green link fixed mod:end
scootie
Grafter

Angry
so many avenues of help out there now days that people that still do this must be mentally retarded.
since moving to manchester it's all the rage here for people to have the traditional fighting breeds.
staff's, alastions, bull mastifs ect yet they do not bother to give them the basic commands of down,sit, leave and to top it off they allow them to roam free. tho there is a nice bull mastif that turns up at my house every day and the temp of that dog is lovely and not one bit aggressive.
i've helped a few people since moving here to get there dog's in a better frame of mind and stopped many going to rcpca or passed on to there friends to become there problem.
all it takes is 30 mins hard exrises aday minum and one tennis ball, get your dog so obbesed with that ball that they will sit and stare at it all day when its out there reach and then you can train them to do anything.
boarder collie's are big problem dogs for people that dont exercise them as they are the most intelligent breed out there and as easy as they are to train they will all so wrap them self's around your little finger and drive you mad if you dont give them the mental  and physical exercises they need
if you can't offer a dog these basic needs then DO NOT GET A DOG, and if you still can not stop your self then go to the rspca and they will give you a known breed that is more than happy to sit on the sofa most the day