cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesn't It Make You Itch

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Doesn't It Make You Itch

So there I am looking through some old chargers. Using a small but very strong magnifying glass to read the specs on the chargers. You know how it is, the writing is either tiny or faint or both. Then against the black plastic I see an almost glowing white dot. At first I thought it was just a reflection sparkle but then it becomes obvious it's moving. An extremely small white moving dot. I assume it's some sort of dust mite. Something that's probably all around us and on us.

After seeing that I can't help but feel itchy. It reminded me of when I was a kid camping with my parents on a farm. It was mainly chickens so you wander around as you do, looking for an egg here and there as these chickens were free range before there were free range chickens. I went in this little tumbledown caravan that had a few nests on shelves and in the sink. As I walked from one end to the other the caravan rocked. Thick clouds of "dust" came loose floating everywhere. It was then I noticed the dust was made up from translucent blobs with a black bit on them and they were moving. Actually all the surface of my clothes seemed to be moving.

Later I found out they were Northern Fowl Mites. Elephant sized (up to 1mm) compared to the white dot on the charger. Needless to say I spent a very long time in the farms rudimentary showers that day.mite.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Doesn't It Make You Itch

Too much information on something so little.

All creatures great and small, but there are some we'd rather not know about. 😎

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Doesn't It Make You Itch

Probably right.

Best not to look too close.

I feel another itch coming on.