cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this strike a chord with you - it does with me

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Does this strike a chord with you - it does with me

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/30/something_for_the_weekend_beep_beep_beep/
Reluctantly, I drag myself back to the kitchen, where it is my masculine task to reset the clocks on the microwave and convection oven, the only two utterly dimwit devices in the house. No auto reset for them, oh no, all you have to do is pull the wrong plug or flick the wrong switch on the wall for a split second and it’s right back to the old-school blinking ‘12:00’.
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Does this strike a chord with you - it does with me

Yep the microwave and the two analogue clocks we have.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Glad to report my microwave has no 'real time' clock.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Neither does ours. Why would you need one on a microwave? Undecided
What did used to wind me up was the VCR being reset after a power cut. You'd keep your pre-programmed recordings but they'd execute at the wrong time. Dumb. I don't have a VCR now or a dvd recorder (yes life is that dull lol) so thats one less thing to worry about. Luckily now the only deveice we have with a clock is the TV but that picks up the time by magic and sets itself.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

Am I going to sit up until 2:00am on the 27th of October to see my watch go back 1 hour?
I sincerely hope not Lips are sealed
I have 1 or 2 to adjust like the central heating timer but most devices are in the 21st century.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Most of my clocks are atomic clocks, so I don't need to set them!   Smiley  Wink
Community Veteran

I picked up a CH timer at a bootsale a few years back, it does all sorts of nice things, like knowing when the clocks change and allowing you to set a holiday timer, that stops the normal times while you are away and resumes when you return, so you have hot water etc. Couple of quid well spent on that  Smiley

Nothing marks a man as middle aged quite so obviously as buying a Weather Station: it’s a natural progression after the motorbike purchased during the mid-life crisis. For a man, a Weather Station represents an admission of defeat.
Embarrassed
I have a washing machine that beeps to let me know it's finished is allotted task.......but the door's still locked for at least another 60 seconds. Angry
"You've finished you stupid twat....let me have my washing" Angry
Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
I have a washing machine that beeps to let me know it's finished is allotted task.......but the door's still locked for at least another 60 seconds. Angry

You know how to use the washing machine  Wink

I only use the on/off button, the door and the detergent drawer Sad..................but it does have a digital display which is fun to watch Smiley
I couldn't find anything in the instructions about blue-tooth so I can't connect a keyboard and mouse Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Quote from: Strat
..but it does have a digital display which is fun to watch Smiley
The mind boggles  Lips are sealed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

If it has a useful digital display then they must expect men to use it, women are happy just to watch the washing go round.  Lips are sealed
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Midnight
Most of my clocks are atomic clocks, so I don't need to set them!   Smiley  Wink

Considering the size of most atomic clock laboratories, I very much doubt that yours are atomic clocks Wink
You mean Radio Controlled!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 125

Quote from: Hairy
You know how to use the washing machine  Wink
I used ours for the first time last night (SWMBO is away for a few weeks).
Quote from: w23
If it has a useful digital display then they must expect men to use it, women are happy just to watch the washing go round.  Lips are sealed

We have a digital display which told me it would be ready in 3hrs 20 minutes. I probably set the wrong program Cheesy I have to admit that I did have a quick gander at the manual as I had no idea which of all the compartments the washing powder went in. I mixed up colours, fabrics etc and it all came out just as it went in but cleaner so don't understand all the fuss that SWMBO makes Crazy
I know it beeps when ready but I was asleep by then Roll eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Wish my body clock adjusted as easily: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071024123249.htm
Gabe