cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does not add up

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Does not add up

Cameron tells us that he will raise the rate at which you will pay tax with personal allowance raised to £12.500 and the higher tax rate will not kick in until you earn £50,000.
There is also a promise of more money for health services with GP's providing a 7 day week service etc but in the next breath we are told the UK debt is continuing to increase so where is all this money going to come from ?
It simply does not add up.
Perhaps he has got Tesco to do the Maths ?
10 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Does not add up

or perhaps as that's a "by 2020" pledge there going to bring in those cuts a month before the 2020 elections in the budget,  he didn't set any other date for introducing them so a good chance they are planning it as a crowd pleaser that will fund the deficit reduction and debt level reduction for a few years before its implemented, certainly that would be the best way economically speaking to do it and still keep the promise made today.
finding a few hundred million for extra NHS funding wont be hard, just sack a health quango or 50 and the cash will be there immediately, lets not forget most of these groups spend there budget justifying there existence and getting in the way of front line care provision rather than actually doing something worthwhile, just look at the southwest for example it has 15 such groups dedicated to sucking in a few billion a year to provide stop smoking campaigns which is almost as much cash as delivered to the combined hospital trusts in the region, get rid of all but one save several billion and still provide the same service then you've got a few billion spare cash to fund everything.....
similar story with other areas of public function, like the police quango's (last I checked there were 5 that all do the same job as the ipcc but all have a half billion or more budget annually) mag to grid the unnecessary junk and split the savings between the front line services and the debt pay down where it will actually be doing some good!
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: gleneagles
It simply does not add up.

I also wondered too. They keep pretending to be playing smart maths to save our economy but as Tesco found out you can only cook the books for so long and then you set them alight and destroy it all.
I think David Cameron lives in cloud cuckoo land to be honest. He's putting out a "Keep me in power please because i love power and money" speech but the reality is that he has no real idea how to get us out of this mess at all.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Unfortunately neither do Balls and co on the other side
nanotm
Pro

but you would just the two clueless wonders with the country ?
Fixes: 102

eh?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

Google Translate: But would you trust either of the two clueless wonders with the country ?
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
nanotm
Pro

the two ed's .......
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
Unfortunately neither do Balls and co on the other side

I know! As a country, we've hit a political stalemate.
Quote from: nanotm
but you would just the two clueless wonders with the country ?

I really have to wonder about you sometimes.
Quote from: Strat
Google Translate: But would you trust either of the two clueless wonders with the country ?

I figured thats what he meant but the way he wrote it was just awful. I sense alchohol or some sort of substance may be involved.
TORPC
Grafter

we're doomed I tell you DOOMED
Unless certain member(s) of the government are hung drawn & quartered & held accountable for their crimes against humanity
Community Veteran

Personally I think politics works incorrectly anyway.
Why do we need parties of political chums to all stand together? - It's crazy. They come up with numerous different policies and somehow we the public are supposed to vote for a party based on so many different things? - Then the party who wins convince themselves it was down to one or two policies that was the vote swinger etc.
Just like DC promising us a EU referendum in 2017 - like he thinks thats going to get him in again.
The way it should work is that each candidate is individual and represents one self chosen policy. That way if people like it they can vote for that person / policy or another candidate who opposes it. Then we could have candidates for each different policy and actually have our voices heard properly rather than vote once and then the mob make decisions for us without any consultation.
The way the system works now is like voting by proxy. You vote them in and then they make your decisions for you and this is wrong.
Sorry for typos.. falling asleep lol