cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone remember......

N/A

Does anyone remember......

....those films that the BBC used to show between programmes? They were lovely idyllic rural scenes with nice music as an accompaniament.
Wonder if you can buy them anywhere? I reckon that they would be a sight more entertaining than some of the drivel that is shown on TV today.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Does anyone remember......

Sadly the Beeb is far too busy (controversially) advertising itself these days between programmes.
But, I do remember the "shorts" you mean...luvly stuff.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

http://www.bvws.org.uk/405alive/info/prog_interludes.html
I think some of them are on youtube.
Community Veteran

Ah!!  Yo mean the interludes Poppy.  I remember the potter's Wheel and wondered why I culdn't produce pots like that at school Huh
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have a couple that I recorded on my Archos last year I think, they must havebeen on one of there giovaways, I dont like paying for web bits.  off out now, but will look when I get back in, think I have the potters wheel and the London Brighton
Community Veteran

Poppy, look at this site and you can reminisce to your hearts content.  Not only the interludes but a bit on some of the early announcers.
http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/history/interludes.htm
N/A

I knew that I'd get some good links so am going to take a look soon so thank you for them.
BTW I too remember The Potter's Wheel.
Glad that the topic has evoked some pleasant memories - they do say that it is good 'therapy' for the brain.
N/A

I couldn't open the interludes on Whirligig with the BBC Player or other programmes on Vista.
Tried on Ubuntu and after it searched for and installed plugins (gstreamer) they are working with Movie Player although picture not very good - they are very old films so probably this is the reason. Thumbs up for Linux!
Community Veteran

When I clicked the links they opened in Real Player no problem.  Glad you got to see them Poppy.