cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know which of these fax numbers are correct, if any ??

TORPC
Grafter

Does anyone know which of these fax numbers are correct, if any ??

I have been given 3 different fax numbers & have been asked if I could find out if any of them are actually correct or is there a fax number that has yet to be given out
A friend of mine has had her DD card compromised  Sad & their banks (LLoyds) transferred the money back into her account Smiley
However
She was sent a deceleration form to fill in & send off, which she did do (End of December / Beginning of January)
The Fraud department has recently taken the money back and making my friend overdrawn as they claim they have not received the declaration form.
She contacted them & was told they would fax a copy of the declaration form to her local branch for her to fill in & her local branch would fax it back (which they did do)
She have had to contact them several times to see why the money has not been refunded & they keep telling her that they have not received the Fax, & asked her on at least 3 occasions to contact her local branch to re-fax the form with different fax numbers.
we are not talking about the odd £5 - £10 we are talking of over £300 to which we have had to lend her some money to help tie her over.
The 3 numbers she has been given

5 REPLIES
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Does anyone know which of these fax numbers are correct, if any ??

The last one isn't a valid telephone number.
Why isn't she taking this up with the branch?  They ought to have the relevant contact details and they can provide a fax transmission report if required.
TORPC
Grafter

She has taken it up in branch, & has got 2 x TX Status Reports for the 2 Fax's that was sent on the 1st numbers listed,
whilst she was in her local branch 0n 06/02/2014 Times on TX Status reports are 13:30 & 13:34 respectively
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Banks Angry Angry
Seems like your friend has complied with everything, and that the problems are solely within the bank's domain- which your friend has no control over.
She needs to send a letter to the fraud department, recorded delivery, detailing all the facts and stating that she has complied with all their requests. And also ask them for contact details for the banking ombudsmen (you can easily get details elsewhere, but this is a statement of intent and gives them the chance to pre-empt the ombudsmens involvement) . For £300 I doubt they will stall much longer.
TORPC
Grafter

She has said in no uncertain blue air terms that as soon as they re-instate her money she will be giving them the finger & say bye bye to them
TORPC
Grafter

Just found out
My friend is having all her money reimbursed
& to save face in a bid to keep her from taking business elsewhere
They have awarded her £175.00 in compo .