cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to use, one of these ??

TORPC
Grafter

Does anyone know how to use, one of these ??

It is a TFT Colour DVB / VGA / Monitor DVB-T (LCD)
Does anyone know how to tune it to the TV
Pressing the Menu button in DVB mode does nothing, yet it pulls up a menu box for altering the colour etc in monitor mode
I have tried a few combos of button presses also held for a few seconds & I am clearly not hitting the right combo
I have no specific make / model other than what it states on the device
SWMBO would like me to integrate it, into a competition project for her works & has to be done as cheap as is possible (The TFT Colour DVB / VGA / Monitor DVB-T (LCD) ) belongs to her works & they have lost the instructions / box & most likely any warranty that would be up now anyway, needless to say her boss is not well known for keeping instructions of goods purchased,
The most creative / frugal winner gets £250
& a deadline of 2 weeks, from yesterday
I have mentioned that there are other alternatives (however, we all know that all females have to be obeyed @ all times) in theory anyhow Tongue

12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Does anyone know how to use, one of these ??

I wouldn't rely on the inbuilt aerial until you have got it tuned properly with an external aerial.
I've not seen many portable DVB-T devices that can get a decent signal in any are other than close to the transmitter.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

As DOM-s says.... you need a decent signal for this ultra modern TV stuff... not like in the old days when a wire coat hanger .... ( or even an empty gallon can ) could provide enough signal to show on the screen... try plugging it in direct to your outside aerial on the roof... and see what happens...
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

once the aerial is connected hit the dvb button until you get to the correct input then hit the menu key, the picture full of snow should with a channel umber in the corner should be a good indicator its on the right input Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

DVB doesn't give a picture full of snow as it is a digital system - you get a picture or you don't.
pwatson
Rising Star

Try pressing Menu and then scrolling right with the Vol+ key and see if that takes you to a setup menu.
TORPC
Grafter

Thanks for the input Smiley
After I connected it to the main aerial
It had wavy lines going down the screen (easiest way to describe the lines) Is they are very much similar to Windows 95 / 98 when the resolution was set incorrectly & sometimes needed another monitor for chosen resolution or a re - install)
It also had flashing on the screen in the top left quadrant "Battery" & only shows when an external aerial is attached
As there is no battery compartment
I have opened it up & had a look to see if there is any sight of any that could be changed IE: CR2032 or similar & that would be a big fat no it is not
For those that may be interested hera are some pics of the internals

@pwatson
Thank you for the suggestion Smiley
I will try that after I screw it back together, & will let you know either way
Edit:

Unfortunately, that does not work
It does have an IR for a remote, so will dig out my all in one remote codes & test that theory
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Looks like a later version of this...
http://www.tjskl.org.cn/products/cz491c6/8_inch_dvb_t_lcd_color_tv-pzf50ea2.html
You could try emailing them to ask for a User Manual.
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers PlusComUK
I will do Smiley
Edit:

Email sent

Will update when I get a reply
Community Veteran

Is the power supply you are using up to the job ? It says it needs 12v @ 18w so an absolute minimum of a regulated 12v PSU at 1.5 amps is required.
If you have a power supply that droops under load, it may be triggering the battery warning.
pwatson
Rising Star

It's a Roadstar LCD-8082KDVBT (I suspect it's also sold under many other brandnames)
http://www.televize-lcd.cz/datasheet/LCD-8082KDVBT_pi.pdf
The Roadstar brand now seems to be owned by a Swiss company http://www.roadstar.com/
I've found plenty of copies of the service manual online but not the user instructions.
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers as always Smiley
@DomS
I never gave the power supply a though tbh, as it came with it (shouldn't take things for granted I guess)
Obviously the DVB-T requires a tad more power than the AV or Monitor (as they both worked well on tests)
Looking @ the power supply
It says on it
Model: MKD 12500UK
Input 240V AC 500mA
CB APPROVAL NO: DE 2-002409
Guess I am going to have a root through my spare power supplies then
Plus (I told advised SWMBO to have a look out for it, in work)
@pwatson
I never came across that link during my search (obviously you used different search criteria than I) Wink
I have also emailed them in the hope of a user manual
It shows a remote with the unit (have also told advised SWMBO to have a look out for it, in work)
P.S
As it is using a PHILLIPS DVB-T I will test with those codes for the all 10 in one remote
I wonder if any of the number sequences on the sticker could possibly be the code ?Huh
Community Veteran

That appears to be a 6w battery charger from Googling the model number. You need at least 18W to conform to the rating on the back of the unit.