cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Morrisons actually deliver anywhere

Fixes: 124

Does Morrisons actually deliver anywhere

Just wondering as I checked lots of postcodes including some from where I used to live in London of which they were able to deliver to absolutely none of them.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

12 REPLIES
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Does Morrisons actually deliver anywhere

"The online delivery service is only available in parts of Shropshire, Warwickshire, Staffordshire, West Midlands, Derbyshire, Leicester and Nottinghamshire. Morrisons says it expects the service will cover half of the country by the beginning of 2015."
http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2014/01/10/morrisons-starts-shrewsbury-delivery-service/

Thanks for that link. Shame as there are some things we like. Means an extra trip there or just stick to Tesco for now.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Mayfly
Aspiring Pro

According to the news the other day when the latest financial reports were issued Morrisons have just started the delivery service - now I'm not sure if it is a new thing or if they are now doing it themselves instead of a 3rd party delivery as I have never used them.
Fixes: 104

The deliver to my house Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

Why all this 'deliver to your door' thing?
I'm more than happy to get out and collect my own stuff, be it groceries or an Indian.
What next, petrol tankers running round the streets putting fuel orders in customers' cars Roll eyes
Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
RichAllen
Grafter

People who work full time can't always get to Morrisons, because unlike their fierce rivals Tesco, they don't open 24 hours.
Fixes: 47

Before I retired I used to do my shopping either at the weekend or on my way home from work.
I know a few people that do the 'after work' shop but after a hard day this is not ideal.
Then of course there are shift workers to think about.
I have been in my local Tesco (Abbeydale road) at 10pm on a week day and it is a strange place with the occasional strange people shopping.....very quiet though.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Strat

Not everyone drives.  Not everyone lives within walking distance of desired shops.  Not everyone is fit to travel to shops. It is more environmentally friendly to have a van tour the district than each customer taking their car to the supermarket.
I generally prefer to shop in store but have found weekly grocery deliveries of all but fresh produce greatly preferable to lugging especially with the weather we have had recently.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Mayfly
now I'm not sure if it is a new thing or if they are now doing it themselves instead of a 3rd party delivery as I have never used them.

Morrisons has done a deal with Ocado to run the service on its behalf.
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/oct/11/ocado-reversal-fortunes-morrisons-deal
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: alanf

Not everyone drives.

Even the kids drive (their Parents up the wall)when they go shopping Does that count  ?? Tongue lol

Quote from: Strat

Ill health and no regular or decent transport links to any of the major stores. It would cost 6 or 7 times more in taxi fares than to have it delivered on those occasions I can't drive SWMBO there.

PowerLee
Rising Star

Honk if you like Rhubarb
My other van is a tractor
Look out for yellow Morrisons / Ocardo Mercedes vans, they will be the ones with the bonnet open & the driver needing a jump start  Lips are sealed
What idiot specs a van to have a fridge & interior lights fitted then doesn't bother with an auxiliary battery?  Roll eyes