Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doctor NO !

Highlighted
Rising Star

Doctor NO !

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 09.45.59.jpg

Presumably if the Doctor wishes to see you, an appointment will magically appear !

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Pro

Re: Doctor NO !

Most surgeries have stopped people booking appointments online because patients were turning up with symptoms which may have indicated Covid-19. Making people phone for an appointment at least means that the receptionist can attempt to find out more and ensure appropriate arrangements are made for those who are potentially infectious with coronavirus. Seems very sensible to me.

In spite of this my surgery still has (stupid or selfish, I’m unsure which) patients turning up who are potentially infected with Covid-19, putting doctors, other staff and patients at risk and requiring the surgery to close for deep cleaning. 

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 22

Needs must and all that.

There are three practices in my town, and they're cooperating and moving staff around, so that -

One deals with Covid-19, one with other serious cases, and one with routine stuff.

Seems eminently sensible in the circumstances.

Never hit a man with glasses.
Always use something larger and heavier.
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

@198kHz If only everyone showed that level of common sense we'd all be better off.

Highlighted
Pro

@rEUnite wrote:

... my surgery still has (stupid or selfish, I’m unsure which) patients turning up who are potentially infected with Covid-19, putting doctors, other staff and patients at risk ....

It's probably stupid and consequently selfish.   The average IQ is 100 which means a great number of people are less intelligent than that.  We tend to forget that the bottom 10% or so of the population are likely so dense they don't care about or realise the damage they might do. 

What makes it worse is that a lay person who tries to explain the situation to them is liable to get beaten up or stabbed.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 1

As we are on James Bond...P...y Galore has died... RIP Honor Blackman.AngelSad