cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doc Martin

iansimms
Grafter

Doc Martin

The dark evenings are beginning to feel brighter now a new series of Doc Martin has began. Does anyone else enjoy the show?
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Doc Martin

It's great. Quite creeky in its own way.
The ITV (it's a totally different series, yes sirree, guv) "Distant Shores was also not bad, though only the US seems to have seen series 2, unfortunately, and I'd be surprised if it got as far as series 3.
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
James
Grafter

I think it's fantastic.  I just always forget to watch it Sad
Denzil
Grafter

The one problem this show has is that it portrays a fishing village in Cornwall as actually being inhabited by Cornish people.
Most such places round here are half empty as the houses have all been bought as holiday homes. People who live and work in Cornwall can't afford to live in places like that!
Community Veteran

It is a great show, and actually reminds me of a doc that was here years ago  Wink
Distant shores was good, and I wish ITV would get round to showing series 2 which I believe was shown in canada over a year ago  Sad
Community Veteran

Quote from: Bud
Distant shores was good, and I wish ITV would get round to showing series 2 which I believe was shown in canada over a year ago  Sad

Aye... the timing was a bit unfortunate for the series as it came across as a bit of a copy of Doc Martin (though the similarities were outweighed by the differences).
Last I saw, ITV had "shelved" the series, though I'm not sure what that means for the season they haven't yet screened.
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
Community Veteran

Quote from: dhookham
Last I saw, ITV had "shelved" the series, though I'm not sure what that means for the season they haven't yet screened.

Yet they are showing series 1 from the start again on ITV3.  Would be nice if they tagged s2 on to the end.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Denzil
The one problem this show has is that it portrays a fishing village in Cornwall as actually being inhabited by Cornish people.

OK, there is some truth in the comment but that fact is there are plenty of places you can find whereby there are local's living in the seaside towns. The well known places, Padstein, Newquay and St. Ives though are quite easy to get to from main roads, anything 30 mins from a main road is likely to be inhabited by locals.
SW.
Denzil ... friends with Geoff Rowe are 'eee?
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed