cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you take cocaine - No, think again

Fixes: 125

Do you take cocaine - No, think again

Cocaine use in Britain so high it has contaminated our drinking water, report shows
In a study to assess the dangers from pharmaceutical compounds appearing in the water we drink, scientists discovered traces of cocaine after it had gone through intensive purification treatments.
“Estimated exposures for most of the detected compounds are at least thousands of times below doses seen to produce adverse effects in animals and hundreds of thousands below human therapeutic doses.”

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Do you take cocaine - No, think again

Same with lead, arsenic etc. They cant/don't filter completely, they make it to a level, the level that passes the tests for ok to drink.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Switch to bottled water I'm sure that won't have any impurities.  Roll eyes
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

A common source of hard drugs in the US is on bank notes. The notes are contaminated by drug dealers hadling them in their sales.

WTF
Grafter

.. think that's more to do with notes being used to snort coke etc
Community Veteran

Both I think possibly Wink
Fixes: 125

Quote from: AlaricAdair
Switch to bottled water I'm sure that won't have any impurities.  Roll eyes

I tend to drink tap water at home as it's not too bad but seems to taste better when it's cold.
But while we're at my mum's it bottled all the time as she has a salt filtering system due to the hardness of the water that leaves a vile taste. When I lived in a house opposite we had the same filtering system but paid extra for a drinking tap which didn't go through the filtering system.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

I steer well clear of bottled water except if I have no other option and cannot understand why people believe it's better than water from a tap.
It's unfortunate though that some of the 'contaminants' come from the bottle itself.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
TORPC
Grafter

No wonder we are being subjected, to illegal substances, since the waterboard(s) do not seem to be spending any money
Just look at the profits for a non profit company
[quote= http://waterbriefing.org/home/company-news/item/9212-south-west-water-profits-rise-108-to-%C2%A31625m]Pennon Group, owners of South West Water and sister waste management company Viridor, has announced its preliminary results for the year ended 31 March 2014.
Group revenues were up by 10.0% to £1,321m, while profit before tax was up 9.1% to £207.3m. Commenting on the results, Joshua Raymond Chief Market Strategist of cityindex.co.uk1 said:
Just lately our water through the taps, has become sticky
[quote= http://www.caerphillyobserver.co.uk/news/944960/welsh-water-announces-record-profits/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=welsh-water-announces-record-profits]Welsh Water have announced pre-tax profits of £50m, its strongest performance since becoming a not-for-profit company in 2001.