cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you send LOL?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Do you send LOL?

Just as Cameron and Clegg were the other day at a tractor factory trying to convince the nation they're not out of touch, Brooksie has today told how Cameron would end his text messages with "LOL - Lots of Love" - until she told him it meant "Laugh Out Loud".
So.. Cameron in or out of touch? Do you send LOL to your nearest and dearest or are you a humour LOL'er? Are you in touch with the nation?  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Do you send LOL?

And to think......... that guy is ruining running... (sorry ... right first time !) the country.  Roll eyes
NewStu
Grafter

non
NewStu
Fixes: 47

Humour LOL'er
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

From the Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/shortcuts/2012/may/11/davidcameron-rebekahwade?intcmp=239
Rebekah Brooks has revealed that David Cameron signs off some of his texts with LOL, in the belief the acronym means "Lots Of Love". She told the Leveson Inquiry that she explained to him it actually means "Laughing Out Loud". In fact, they're both right and they're both wrong, as it means both. Here, to help both of them, is a list of other popular acronyms and what they absolutely don't mean, tempting though it might be for them to believe otherwise if Cameron happened to use them:
ROFL: Rebekah, On For Lunch?
FFS: Freud Fixed Shenanigans
FFS: [Censored]! Farewell Sky
[Censored]: Was Tony Funnier?
OMG: Oh, Murdoch's Gorgeous
IMHO: Is My Horse OK?

[edit] Why is W.T.F. censored?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

What The ....
Fixes: 121

In the 70's and 80's a friend, a florist, used to write LOL as shorthand for Lots of Love when taking orders in respect of what was to be written on the accompaning card.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jmd
Grafter

My dog sends BAL when she replies to posts on our Cairn Forum.....................
or LOB......................................