cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you really spend £4000 a week on taxi's?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Do you really spend £4000 a week on taxi's?

A Crown Prosecution Service finance manager has been prosecuted for making false taxi fare claims. Apparently her bosses didn't spot the £4000 a week claims. I think they need to be fired too.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Do you really spend £4000 a week on taxi's?

Quite a common problem, some people have managed to make tens of thousands of pounds before their firm or department discovered it. I Could never understand why any company or department would not have had a second person to countersign the accounts where large sums of money are involved.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Trouble is that taxi receipts are easy to get hold of. They're often just business cards with a small form on the back for the fare amount. Imagine getting hold of a pile of those and being able to write them yourself  Crazy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

If you ask the taxi driver for a stack of blank receipts, he will normally oblige in expectation of a fat tip.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

or print them off yourself Sad
Thunderclap
Grafter

Quote from: AlaricAdair
A Crown Prosecution Service finance manager has been prosecuted for making false taxi fare claims. Apparently her bosses didn't spot the £4000 a week claims. I think they need to be fired too.

Firing bosses at the CPS? These guys are untouchable public sector officials - the only people who can fire them are... themselves. They could raise and resink the Titanic, at public expense, and all they would get is a repremand in the shape of a pension topup because they had been forced to renegotiate their terms and conditions.
This is really a case of it wasn't her position to be defrauding that kind of money. Upto £1K a week would have stayed off the radar forever, but at £4K+, she would need to be a senior civil servant or a fat cat councillor.