cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you really need it ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Do you really need it ?

Everywhere you look at present there is some sort of sale going on, even worse people fighting each other for the same item.
In most cases the question must be do people really need what they are buying or is it a matter of somebody else is buying this so I must have it as well ?
Most things will be purchased using credit cards with the minimum balance paid off monthly, meaning the outstanding amount will attract interest charges, taking those into account will they have saved that much ?
There are even cases when people have purchased items and then admitted they have not really needed them as buying them was more exciting than actually getting the item.
Have you ever bought something you did not need ?
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Do you really need it ?

Thought I needed it at the time...yes but specifically knew I didn't need it at the time of purchase...no.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 125

I've never understood the concept of the 'must have that, it's on offer' brigade.
If it's something I usually purchase, have been considering purchasing or have wanted for some time but too expensive then I'll give in to the urge. Otherwise I don't bother. Half the time these offers are there to entice more customers in store with the expectation they will stay and purchase more rubbish they don't need or want Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

WTF
Grafter

Quote from: Mav
I've never understood the concept of the 'must have that, it's on offer' brigade

Me, too!
At least, that's what I tell myself but truth is, I do a love a bargain  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The best idea is to sleep on it and if you still think you need it the following day fine BUT the sellers don't like that so add things like only a few left or offer closes at Midnight plus various other ploys to get you to buy it now !
Fixes: 125

Quote from: gleneagles
sellers don't like that so add things like only a few left or offer closes at Midnight plus various other ploys to get you to buy it now !

As soon as they do that when in store they've lost the sale and I tell them that!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still