Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you "Splash & Dash" ?

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Do you "Splash & Dash" ?

One in five people don't wash their hands after using the loo and 10% only splash their fingers with water
About 40 per cent of people wash their hands for less than 10 seconds - but it takes 20 seconds of washing with soap for effective cleaning

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2460578/One-people-dont-wash-hands-using-loo-10-just-splas...
39 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Do you "Splash & Dash" ?

I have anti-bacterial liquid soap in the bathroom and use it to wash my hands whenever I visit.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Bugs Transfer avoidance.

Public toilets, After washing hands, with soap and water, I turn off taps with a paper towel or clean fresh unused toilet paper, and use new, the same, to open doors, exiting.
Opening other Public doors, I use the crook of my little finger, at the top or bottom (s.i.c.) of the door handle, or preferably an elbow.
A piece of thin rope tied across Wheelie Bin handles enables me to open bin, without touching handles,
I also use gardening gloves to put the Bins out for collection !!
You never know what bugs the Operators transfer from other bins !
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

I stopped at a motorway service station near Birmingham yesterday. In the gents I spotted a cup of coffee near the wash basins. I was amazed to see the owner return to the cup and drink from it as he walked out of the toilet.
I can't confirm whether he washed his hands - I certainly did!
Shocked
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Double post and quote sorted.
Sorry - my mistake I posted this twice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I always wash my hands. Not only is it disrespectul to others if you don't it's also disgusting.
If you're a bloke and you don't wash your hands, you're then going to put your germs on door handles etc. Do you really want other men and strangers effectively touching your manhood? - I don't. Nor do I want to touch door handles with other mens manhoods all over them (though sadly I doubt I have much choice in this hence I always wash my hands before food and carry a small alco gel thing in my pocket).
Seriously lads, it really isn't much to use a bit of soap is it?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Lol. Do you all sterilize your mobile phone and PC keyboard once a week. You are much more likely to catch bugs through them rather than a public loo seat. My daughter in-law constantly uses disinfectant around her house, but their family often suffers tummy upsets. Meanwhile we have a couple of dogs who frequently get stroked and we never get tummy bugs.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.

I've done a lot worse as a kid and it's part of growing up, getting exposed to nasties and developing immunity.
Wrapping your your kids in cotton wool doesn't stand them in good stead for the future.
OK...washing your hands after visiting the toilet is one thing but no need to go to extremes.
We'll all be walking around with surgical masks on next Wink  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=117438.0;attach=41054;image
Community Veteran

Quote from: AlaricAdair
Lol. Do you all sterilize your mobile phone and PC keyboard once a week.

No and you're right about building up immunity however IMO penile and vaginal germs should stay with their owners.
Razer
Grafter

One assumes you have sex with your partner wearing a sort of full-bodied condom. It's the way of the future, for many. Anyway, as to the general thread, three letters come to mind:
OCD.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Razer
One assumes you have sex with your partner wearing a sort of full-bodied condom.

LOL!
Just to clarify, my last post didn't apply to partners (although yes I think they should wash their hands too!)

Moving swiftly on......I am concious of what I touch between the hand dryer in the toilet and my table in places like McDonald's where you are eating with your hands and it concerns me a little.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
Moving swiftly on......I am concious of what I touch between the hand dryer in the toilet and my table in places like McDonald's where you are eating with your hands and it concerns me a little.

This +1
Door handles.... hands on them and then on your food....  Come on people learn to wash your hands!

Or carry one of these with you.
Edit: I see you made a reference in an earlier post 7up.
Community Veteran

I carry a small 'carex' one in mycoat pocket. As I'm always covering my back though, I've been rather clever about it.
Carex is white in colour. Mine is actually refilled with clear alcohol gel. Thus I can use it in shops too - if anyone accuses me of shoplifting it then I can simply point out the difference between mine and theirs. Not that I've ever been accused of such an act (or comitted one) however I always prefer to take precautions and be on the safe side.
JamesM
Grafter

I only use public toilets when I need the urinals, I use my own toilet for the other times. I always wash my hands, then grab a paper hand towel to open the public toilet doors, then throw the hand towel in the nearest bin.
The thing that has always puzzled me is that when you have used the public toilets and are on your way out, the doors always seem to open inwards, so you have to grab the handle to open the door, why not make it open outwards so you can just kick the door open with your foot, then you don't have to touch anything and you won't get any filthy non hand washers germs.