cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you own an LG Smart TV ?

Community Veteran

Do you own an LG Smart TV ?

This is a rather worrying discovery for LG Smart TV owners .......
http://doctorbeet.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/lg-smart-tvs-logging-usb-filenames-and.html
3 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Do you own an LG Smart TV ?

Interesting...
SWMBO has an LG Smart TV and I was helping her with some network issue she had the other day but can't say I noticed the 'Collection of watching info" option - I'm sure I would have if it was there.
Presently the only things she has plugged into are a DVD player and YouView box.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

WTF
Grafter

I got a Samsung TV about 3 weeks ago and it boasts about how it learns your preferences over time - i.e. keeps track of everything you watch .. or more: it has also has a camera and voice recognition  Shocked
Why am I suddenly thinking about 1984  Undecided
Community Veteran

I've just been watching what my Samsung has been putting out over my connection and it doesn't seem to have anything to worry about so far .....
I've changed a few channels, put a couple of films on via USB and nothing was communicated.
Something to keep an eye on though, if it starts misbehaving then it gets put on the same network segment that I use for my 15 year old when he's been naughty ........