cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have a'silly' favourite?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Do you have a'silly' favourite?

We all have favourites..shirts, socks, shoes, pen even shops and animals etc..
I have a favourite spoon. Yes, that's right, spoon.  We had a cutlery set when we got married, thirty five years ago, and over the years it has gradually diminished with bits being lost, we now have two knives and a spoon.
My wife thinks I'm mad but I prefer this spoon to any of the newer cutlery spoons. MY spoon is not so big as the others, MY spoon doesn't drip like the others. I like MY spoon.
Anyone else have any quirky favourites?
4 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Do you have a'silly' favourite?

It's a DB love spoon Wink
I have a favourite pair of denim shorts, that were made after the knees wore out from my favourite Jeans,
Since giving up smoking & gaining a bit of weight as a result, I have to have the button undone,
SWMBO keeps threatening to buy me new shorts, I bet she will not be able to find a pair like mine ;P
Fixes: 125

I eat big meals and used to have a favourite plate bought from a pottery in Dorset. It was oval but very large with a nice pattern on it. It got broken when the ex-wife left it on top of the cooker one day with a gas still on Angry
I then found out that my parents had one exactly the same which they gave to me. Since moving to where we are now I haven't used it. I hope it's around somewhere still Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

A  coffee mug.  My eldest brother bought it when on a sea cadets sailing completion abroad during mid 70's and my mother when ape when she heard the price, think its was £1.50 when £1.50 could buy a lot.  Big half pint mug, with thick sides and base so it holds the heat and yet to break, not like all the other mugs bought by our family.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Fixes: 125

When I was a child I used to have a dish with a lion tiger printed on the inside. Loved that dish and think my mother still has it somewhere. Too small to use these days, though Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still