cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have a drinking problem? - Quite possibly and you wouldn't even know it.. until now

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Do you have a drinking problem? - Quite possibly and you wouldn't even know it.. until now

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3836466/Do-REALLY-need-8-glasses-water-day-drinking-not-th...

So the DM is running a story on how researchers have found that drinking too much water is actually bad for you. Every time you speak to a medical professional they'll always say you must drink plenty. For me ever since I was a kid I've had a drink when I FEEL THIRSTY... not just because I apparently should. This has (I hope) done me well for the large part of my life (mid 30s) however I could be wrong given that I've now got used to thirst and can often now go until 10pm without a drink (yes I'm working on trying to change that). Obviously the more you drink the better your kidneys clean out the sludge they've collected.. but drinking too much is physically uncomfortable for me.

So what are your drinking habits?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
23 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Do you have a drinking problem? - Quite possibly and you wouldn't even know it.. until now

When I wake up I tend to have a pint of water (easy to measure, I use a pint glass!!), and throughout the day, I could drink between 2 and 4 litres (or more) before calling it a night, also depends on what I'm doing, the days where it's naff all I drink less, but days where I'm doing a lot of physical things, I drink more (replacing the sweat that is lost), and it's not always water, sometimes pepsi, sometimes a 500ml bottle of beer (usually after I've done hard work!), or maybe a cup of tea or coffee... Smiley

All I know is, I'm hydrated enough that I haven't died from being a dried out husk... Funny

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Do you have a drinking problem? - Quite possibly and you wouldn't even know it.. until now

The usual test is the colour of your urine as that indicates whether your kidneys are working as they should https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2013/10/what-the-color-of-your-urine-says-about-you-infographic/2016-10-13_204329.jpg

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Basically, then, we should drink when our body tells us to.

Well who'd a thunk it.  Roll eyes

Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

When checking that chart always keep in mind that some medication including vitamin pills could affect the colour of urine.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Not to mention the effect of asparagus.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@AlaricAdair  so why did you mention it  ? ?  Roll eyes

2u2me
Aspiring Pro

Or beetroot Roll eyes

Minivanman
Hero

What are my drinking habits?

Plenty of milk when I was a kid (I still have most of my own teeth at seventy) and plenty of home brew during my retirement! Did you know that beer contains water, and lots of it?

Strange but true Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Yet people seem to forget that beer is 95% water!
Solution drink more beer!
Sounds good to me.

Brewing on Sat anyway ;-)
Minivanman
Hero

One affects the smell, the other colour. Shocked

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Minivanman
Hero

Let's keep up the good work started some yesterday and it's looking lively this morning!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Yeah I am down to 2 cornies. Dry this week as I am on A-B's. Shame as I have a nice Amarillo SMASH that I have just tapped, only managed one pint from it so far.
Sat's one is the Jim's brew along, got all the malts ready.
Minivanman
Hero

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37625178  Cheesy

Pomity
Dabbler

The body is about 60% water, give or take. We're constantly losing water from our bodies, primarily via urine and sweat. There are many different opinions on how much water we should be drinking every day. The health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon. Grin