cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you follow?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Do you follow?

Ok now I understand twitter and facebook like to use the terms follow and following as if they're leading a cult movement but ebay seriously?

So I have to ask.. why?!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Do you follow?

Probably at the request of Twits on Twitter  Cheesy
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

yeah you can follow on anything that's got a social media element, since eBay has started to evolve into a one stop shop for some people it makes sense that they have that option, after all some people are into online stalking and what would the world be if there wasn't an automated option to make it easier ?
oh and they do have that whole forum/review side going on for the last year not to mention plugin options for various things
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: nanotm
for some people it makes sense that they have that option

I think you missed my point!
They were previously called saved sellers and saved searches. Whats the point renaming them?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 124

I wonder what would happen if you liked what someone was buying in a store and placed a sticker on their back to follow them to see what else they bought Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

Security would collar you
Fixes: 124

... or the men in white coats  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

Political correct
People in white coats
B4 anyone chastises the thought Wink
Community Veteran

That small front end change is only to distract the ebay seller from noticing ebays latest money grabbing fee change.
Sellers will soon be charged for cancelling auctions. In effect a FVF based on the highest auction bid reached before the auction was cancelled.
High value item not getting a good bid price. Tough, either sell it for peanuts or pay us for the privilege of not giving it away.
Give it another year or so and ebay will be auctionless. Just another fixed price Amazon clone.
http://www2.ebay.com/aw/uk/201403.shtml#2014-03-11191133?_trksid=p3984.m2301.l3955
Community Veteran

"Sellers will soon be charged for cancelling auctions."  doesn't that happen in real world auctions?  is there not a fee to enter the auction?
Devonian
Grafter

Nope.  At least not the auction I go to in Exeter.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: artificer
"Sellers will soon be charged for cancelling auctions."  doesn't that happen in real world auctions?  is there not a fee to enter the auction?

yeah if you put a reserve price on something there is normally its 1% of the reserve price +standard commission rates
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Quote from: artificer
"Sellers will soon be charged for cancelling auctions."  doesn't that happen in real world auctions?

Just imagine a real world bricks and mortar auction. You put your item up for sale and go to watch the auction.
Only to see just one bidder has turned up.
Would you be happy to have to pay to cancel your auction? Or would you be pleased to allow it to sell on a maiden bid?