cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you ACCEPT without reading privacy or terms & conditions?

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

Do you ACCEPT without reading privacy or terms & conditions?

How often do people select ACCEPT at the end of an online application without having read the documents that have agreed to have read, has any research been done?

Why not another option ACCEPT (But have not read the documents I trust I won't be shafted by you).

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Re: Do you ACCEPT without reading privacy or terms & conditions?

It depends on my assessment of the risk.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Fixes: 394

How about an "I don't Accept" button leading to a text box where you can make the necessary changes for them to accept?Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

These "cookie acceptance" banners, are akin to "bullying".... in much the same way as the police asking if you would take a breath test, or drug test, when stopped....  because ... if you don`t "accept" them, (in most cases)... the banner will hinder your useage of the web site, being a permanent "nag screen", and in some cases, (depending on it`s postion)... prevents you from scrolling the page(s), or completing an online transaction.... as with the police,... there is no real choice,... because if you refuse the breath test, or the drug test, then you WILL get arrested and "reported" for the crime of "refusing to provide...... " . which can get you into all sorts of trouble....