cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I trust Google?

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Posts: 11,367
Thanks: 3,704
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Do I trust Google?

Just make sure Alexa is not listening, storing, uploading and the person you are talking to can keep a secret!

Crazy times. 

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro
Posts: 359
Thanks: 87
Registered: ‎01-02-2020

Re: Do I trust Google?


@7up wrote

I think you need to drop the antii brexit thing because comments like the one above make you look really daft.


You are entitled to your opinion. Mine is that it is the brexiters that look ‘really daft’.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Posts: 1,806
Thanks: 433
Fixes: 11
Registered: ‎15-11-2012

Re: Do I trust Google?


@7up wrote:

when google first came about years ago i couldn't get on with it - everything i searched for came up with irrelevant results. Sure right now it's on top of its game but it wasn't at the start

DDG might not be great right now.. but it soon could be.


DDG isn't a startup.

They've had 12 years. It's still utter [-Censored-]!

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Posts: 14,956
Thanks: 1,016
Fixes: 12
Registered: ‎01-08-2007

Re: Do I trust Google?


@rEUnite wrote:

@7up wrote

I think you need to drop the antii brexit thing because comments like the one above make you look really daft.


You are entitled to your opinion. Mine is that it is the brexiters that look ‘really daft’.


Yet oddly one of them happens to be the prime minister - who returned the strongest general election result for the conservatives in decades.

Do you think he and his brexit government look really daft? Or is it the cry babies who didn't get their own way and can't accept it who would normally (in any other situation) be considered to look daft?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Seasoned Champion
Posts: 12,208
Thanks: 562
Fixes: 18
Registered: ‎01-09-2007

Re: Do I trust Google?

The Prime Minister is the daftest prime minister this country has ever had.

Only reason many people voted for him is because his puppet master told him not to answer any questions from the media.

He was daft as a London Mayor - wanted to build a garden on a non-existent bridge and also thought building an airport in the Estuary was a great idea.

I wonder where he got the idea of building a bridge across a bomb "disposal" site from?

He'll be saying yes to that HS2 black hole next.

What do you mean - he's banned immigrants and gone for a major building project?

Can't see that working.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Aspiring Legend
Posts: 11,367
Thanks: 3,704
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Do I trust Google?

I've met more than a few people I thought were daft - and they were anything but. In fact I was the daft one to even think they were daft. Many have called Boris a buffoon myself included but is he really, after all he is now Prime Minister. 

Worth watching if you can 'The Cameron Years' on BBC. Despairing stuff that makes you want to shout "he's behind you" every time Boris appears. Call me Dave was certainly well played in my view.

Never underestimate a fool or as they say, "nothing is foolproof... as fools are so ingenious" - one of Murphy's Laws I think... or Dummkopf's Law if your name is Murphy. 😛

As for his puppet master and I presume you mean Cummings, well at the end of the day he got his guy into number ten, and lets not forget that Blair had his in the guise of Alstair Campbell along with his very own very own 'Machiavellian Mandelson'.

Truth is we all need a bogeyman or someone 'daft' to blame as it lets us off the hook.

 

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Posts: 2,928
Thanks: 1,148
Fixes: 5
Registered: ‎17-05-2013

Re: Do I trust Google?


@VileReynard wrote:

 

I wonder where he got the idea of building a bridge across a bomb "disposal" site from?

 


Who knows what the Engineering geniuses can come up with.

Maybe some sort of floating bridge with raised sections to allow for shipping to pass would safely cross the explosives dump.  Perhaps I should patent that idea.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion
Posts: 12,208
Thanks: 562
Fixes: 18
Registered: ‎01-09-2007

Re: Do I trust Google?

How about a floating airport with a very long runway?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Posts: 11,367
Thanks: 3,704
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Do I trust Google?

@RobPN 

Maybe they could call it the Boom Bang a Bang bridge?

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Posts: 14,956
Thanks: 1,016
Fixes: 12
Registered: ‎01-08-2007

Re: Do I trust Google?


@VileReynard wrote:

The Prime Minister is the daftest prime minister this country has ever had.

Only reason many people voted for him is because his puppet master told him not to answer any questions from the media.

He was daft as a London Mayor - wanted to build a garden on a non-existent bridge and also thought building an airport in the Estuary was a great idea.

I wonder where he got the idea of building a bridge across a bomb "disposal" site from?

He'll be saying yes to that HS2 black hole next.

What do you mean - he's banned immigrants and gone for a major building project?

Can't see that working.


Despite everything you say, he's the man who's now at the top of the country leading it - and he's got the EU by the knackers. They thought they'd got us over a barrel, he's pulled the rug and turned the tables. Daft? I don't think so. Everytime i see him on the telly or PC screen I see a smart character hiding behind those devious eyes. He's a thinker. He's also had one of the best educations money could buy - at Eton. If you really think he's daft then he's got you over the barrel too. As for the reason he won more and more people are becoming fed up of this country collapsing at the hands of the EU. Do you not remember all the threats they made against us ever since the vote? - People have started to see the EUs true colours and they don't like it. Boris has offered to be the stronger PM and sort it out - that's what people wanted, an end to it all.

Whats wrong with Boris island / airport? - We don't have unlimited space on this small island, quite frankly I thought it was a great idea. New jobs, improved infrastructure, stronger economy..

Agree with you over HS2, IMO the damn thing should be scrapped and the money spent on reopening older routes. So many are still in place and those that have been built over can have routes diverted around or the land compulsory purchased. That may well be part of his plan though. all the time he can just about push through HS2 and secure the money for it, he's then GOT the money. If he then decides to scrap it and reopen older lines it's a win-win for him there too.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Posts: 2,928
Thanks: 1,148
Fixes: 5
Registered: ‎17-05-2013

Re: Do I trust Google?


@VileReynard wrote:

How about a floating airport with a very long runway?


Why not?

ISTR hearing something along those lines in the past, no doubt it will happen somewhere in the future.

Highlighted
All Star
Posts: 653
Thanks: 421
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎26-01-2019

Re: Do I trust Google?

@RobPN  Here is another idea how about someone inventing flying boats!! OH sorry already done and failed. Roll_eyesCrazy3

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Posts: 11,367
Thanks: 3,704
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Do I trust Google?

Au contraire, those Flying boats were quite successfull back in the days of Imperial Airways and the empire. Ten days and nine overnight stops apparently. 

"Earl Grey, two sugars please steward"

Well before my time, but what a journey it must have been. 

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion
Posts: 1,600
Thanks: 1,331
Registered: ‎21-11-2018

Re: Do I trust Google?


@Minivanman wrote:

Au contraire, those Flying boats were quite successfull back in the days of Imperial Airways and the empire. Ten days and nine overnight stops apparently. 

Well before my time, but what a journey it must have been. 


A ( late ) friend of ours from Sydney did that trip with his family when they emigrated to Aussie  when he was a mere slip of a lad and we recently saw his diary and photographs that his daughter had put together.  A real adventure and flying boats were really great for flying to places that had rivers, harbours or lakes before the days of proper runways.  I remember years ago ( about 1978 ) going on a Zambzi River excursion above Victoria Falls and they pointed out the jetty where the flying boats used to land and tie up....

 

Flying boats were also some of the best U-Boat hunters in WW2,  they had good range and were heavily armed - equipped with a very powerful  'Leigh' searchlight.   The smaller flying boats made great airsea rescue tools as well. 

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Posts: 2,928
Thanks: 1,148
Fixes: 5
Registered: ‎17-05-2013

Re: Do I trust Google?


@wotsup wrote:

 

Flying boats were also some of the best U-Boat hunters in WW2,  they had good range and were heavily armed - equipped with a very powerful  'Leigh' searchlight.   The smaller flying boats made great airsea rescue tools as well. 


I remember the RAF still using them after WW2 and being taken to see some of them in Singapore ...

https://www.rafseletar.co.uk/flying-squadrons/seletars-sunderlands/

Sunderland Papa-Gan