cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I smell a rat?

thisoldman
Grafter

Do I smell a rat?

This issue is bugging me.  On tv show    deal or no deal, the name of the contestant in todays show is picked  from a number of contestants, presumably randomly.
So how is it that the selected contestant always has their wife/husband/fsamily present?
Its just not possible for all the family members of possible daily contestants to appear in the studio.day after day.

And...........why are the audience members all dresed in black. No other show makes their audience wear black..

Maybe the show ought to be renamed wish or death wish. Angry
5 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Do I smell a rat?

Because they film several shows on the same day.
thisoldman
Grafter

txs itsme    but can you define several?  I cant imagine contestants standing for several hours a day filming. Even if the filmed 3 showws daily how do the families know in advance to attend if the names are random drawen?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

So you have 20 (?) contestants , each with a box ?  (can`t remember as I don`t really watch it).... but all the contestants bring along their families, which makes up the (total) audience... what is wrong with that?
Ensures you have an audience, and ensures the "family" of the "contestant" chosen "at random" is available at the time of recording.....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I think but stand to be corrected that, "Who wants to be a millionaire" requires the wearing of black for the front few rows.
I can't remember which show it was but, I used to park in the bus-stop in front of the TV studios in Borehamwood, when queues of invited audience were waiting to be admitted, the vast majority of whom were dressed in all black. Might have been WWtbaM.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
David_W
Rising Star

3 shows are filmed daily.  From what I've heard the selection is random but it's made before the show so they know to have family/friends in the audience waiting.  As for black, I'd guess it's so there isn't a distraction in the background from multi-coloured tops, it would bring in the camera to focus on the contestant rather than on the sea of colours in the background.