cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Admen have brains?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Do Admen have brains?

A thought crossed my mind this morning, during breakfast, (yes I do have  A. A mind, B. Breakfast,)
An advert for "101 Housework Songs"  (or similar title) is currently available for £14.97 
Great stuff.... some nice Rock n Roll on there....... BUT
They are advertising it as a "GIFT FOR MOTHER`S DAY".......  ! ! !  (to make housework more enjoyable)
Can you imagine the scene...... Kids jump on mum`s bed and present her with the CD, saying  "C`mon mum, get up, put this on the cd player and get that houseworkd done"
(like giving a new set of saucepans for a birthday present, I think )....... !
17 REPLIES
Lurker
Grafter

Re: Do Admen have brains?

Yes, or a new pinny - unlikely to be popular!
Funny you don't see lawnmower adverts for fathers day.
Euge
Grafter

Or pink power tools.
Lurker
Grafter

I've seen flowery toolkits - presumably Pierre will add an image for me shortly, in the meantime, here are some coloured ones.

Oh yeah, if you are at work - don't do a Google Image Search for "Tools for Ladies"
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

As someone who bought his wife a light weight battery powered drill and attachments for Christmas  Embarrassed
To be fair this was something she wanted to help hang her paintings in exhibitions - I still do the DIY at home
Fixes: 105

Quote from: James_G
Yes, or a new pinny - unlikely to be popular!

My kids picked a new pinny last year for their 'Yummy Mummy' and she liked it, admittedly there were some other gifts to go with it..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: adiewoo
[...]and she liked it[...]

No she didn't, she simply 'banked' that one.
You'll hear about it someday, when you've long forgotten about it and let your guard down.
Most probably during a 'discussion' following her catching you 'noticing' what another woman was wearing or somesuch.
Mark my words...
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Received from CPC the other day - CPC - Daily Deals 12 - Say Thank You on Mothers Day with CPC
http://planet.farnell.com/email/cpc/WebOffers/mar_1209.htm
The seventh item is a vacuum cleaner.  Roll eyes
Not young enough to know everything
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Now here's a debate for you.  Which would get you into more trouble?  The Vacuum cleaner, or the Bathroom scale just down from that!
Phil
Euge
Grafter

Personally, probably the bathroom scales. At least with the vacuum cleaner "the other one was broken" you know that because you have vacuumed recently  Wink. The scales say, I think you're getting fat, fatty Mcfattyson
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I don't suppose tell her that the bathroom scale are broken, which is why you got her new ones would help either.  How ever you put it, what will be heard is you where to heavey for the old ones and you broke them, so I got you these industrial strength ones!  Crazy
Phil
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you could try here, they even gift wrap it for you http://www.firebox.com/index.html?itc=154&src_t=nwt&src_id=237
Down the road from me is a bright pink Fiesta for sale, will try and get a Photo as it has an Illegal bonnet job  done on it as well
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Well, this is along the same lines, but deviating a touch Smiley
I went into our local PC World at lunchtime, and they had an ADSL filter priced at £14.99.
Even better, it had an 'amazing value' tag on it.
What a bargain Grin
Fixes: 47

Hope she appreciates it Alex. Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

got a Foto of the Pink Fiesta, wont call it  photograph, was driving past at about 20 with camera held out of side window, Any one else seen a bonnet/headlight line like that except on one of the Capri models?