Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Divorce Cost of Leaving the EU

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Divorce Cost of Leaving the EU

It's being suggested that Britain will have to pay a €100bn bill to leave the EU.

What planet are they on? I suggest they take out of it the mind numbing costs of waging the second world war on their behalf for the freedom they enjoy today. Talk about having short memories.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/03/david-davis-rejects-claim-of-100bn-brexit-divorce-b...

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
61 REPLIES
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Divorce Cost of Leaving the EU

Whoever thought that the cost of leaving wasn't going to be high?

Community Veteran

I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg demands. I expect it's already been suggested that we have to keep paying just for the privilege of not being in the EU.

The left behinds just don't get that the days of demands, orders, telling us, are over. All they can do in reality is request or ask. And politely if they want to get anywhere.

Minivanman
Hero

@VileReynard

As was the cost of their freedom, and guess who picked up the bill for that?

A price on everything I agree, but that's just taking the proverbial.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I suggest we send them a bill for at least double for joining the united kingdom - which in reality at some point they'll have to consider as they're going to fall apart if we leave.

The gravy train has derailed and they still don't get it do they. We've had enough of being rinsed. All change please, all change..

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

considering that our net contribution to the EU is about €9 billion per year I don't see where that number is coming from

Minivanman
Hero

@Oldjim

From? I know where I'd like to put it Roll eyes

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro

According to the treasury, prior to voting to leave the EU, the cost was expected to be huge.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hm-treasury-analysis-shows-leaving-eu-would-cost-british-househol...

Minivanman
Hero

Indeed, but even if true (and who really knows) that would be cumulative and not a one-off in your face demand for a mega euro payment.

It's all about vested interest of course and their clumsy way of warning off potential EU leavers within their ranks but really, how crass.  

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro

We could always sell off Trident on ebay.

Anonymous
N/A

Brexit voters not bright enough to understand consequences of their actions shock horror!

Minivanman
Hero

@VileReynard

Sold! - to the man at the back with the funny haircut and his handclapping sycophants. 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

very enlightening - thanks for posting

Minivanman
Hero

That paper @30FTTC06 has had it in for Brexit from day one, and hardly one of those goes by without them harping on about and is now little more than some sort of befuddled Don Quixote tilting at the Tories.

They just cannot let it go can they - and to think I was once a regular reader.