cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishwasher help needed.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Dishwasher help needed.

Our dishwasher has decided it likes to hang on to the water.
You can run a program and it will be fine, next one it ends up full of water (clean water), however this is NOT consistent and can be empty after a run, and full of water the next day.
So having dismantled it to check the pump (clear) and for any other issues the only thing I can think of is the inlet solenoid.

So the Q is this, is that a common issue with Beko's?

33 REPLIES
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Dishwasher help needed.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Unfortunately, my crystal ball is in for repair so I can't find your dishwasher's model number to figure out what's up with it, it'd be useful if you could post it so that it'd make looking up faults and fixes a lot easier... Smiley

Community Veteran

What you aren't psychic? My X-ray vision isn't working at the moment either ..
It is downstairs and I ain't at the moment. I am not asking about specific faults on this model just in general.
Since there is not much to a dishwasher, inlet valve/pump*2/controller. I was just asking if it was a known problem with Beko's.
I see there are loads of solenoids on ebay so maybe it is.
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

HairyMcbiker wrote:

You can run a program and it will be fine, next one it ends up full of water (clean water), however this is NOT consistent and can be empty after a run, and full of water the next day.
So having dismantled it to check the pump (clear) and for any other issues the only thing I can think of is the inlet solenoid.

When you say "next one it ends up full of water (clean water)", how long is it before you check it, maybe overnight?  If it's not full immediately after finishing but only after a period of time (which could obviously vary according to how fast the water is entering the machine), I'd say it is almost certainly the water inlet solenoid valve.  Unlikely you'll be able to repair the valve so a replacement will be called for.

I had the same problem myself many years ago on a Philips dishwasher.

Workaround/test: Turn the isolating valve off ASAP after the cycle finishes!

Edit:  Just a thought, if the machine isn't very old and you think failure is a bit premature, I guess it's possible some crud has got into the valve from the water supply and is stopping the valve 'seating' properly.

Community Veteran

HairyMcbiker wrote:
I was just asking if it was a known problem with Beko's.

Google sez yes, but not in the specific way you describe hence wanting to know the model incase it's a common fault on that particular one, as I used to say to customers over the phone when working at the computer shop "Unfortunately, the fault could be anything as I can't see the product in question", but then, it's a Beko, I haven't much faith in those, I hate the beko dryer in this house, it shouldn't be called a dryer, it tumbles more often than it actually dries...

Community Veteran

Have you recently changed your dishwasher tablets?  Sometimes foaming can prevent the pump working.

I'm presuming all your filters are clear too.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

We change the tablets regularly, depends on which is the cheapest at the time.
It's a few years old, we have a lot of peat in the water, shown as black residue on the tap so it maybe that clogging it up.
Filters are cleaned regularly, but as I say it is clean water that is left not soapy.
I will try isolating it next time I empty it. If it is that then a new solenoid is easy enough to fit.
Minivanman
Hero

Well it'll be no help me telling you I'm not a fan of those energy guzzling water using things. We gave ours a way a while back as part of a bill trimming exercise and don't miss it one bit. Each to their own circumstances of course and as there is only myself and Mrs Minivanman.....

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

One thing I like about my Bosch dishwasher is that the solenoid lives on the end that attaches to the tap on the pipe, no need to dig into the machine to repair it if need be... Smiley

RobPN
Aspiring Pro

Minivanman wrote:

Well it'll be no help me telling you I'm not a fan of those energy guzzling water using things.

You mean a washing-up bowl filled from the hot tap?  Wink

Using a dishwasher can be more economical both for water and energy use than washing-up using Marigolds.  Most people doing that will wash the dishes at least once a day (who wants dirty plates and cutlery hanging about in the sink?), whereas if you use a dishwasher you can simply stack stuff in it until it's full.  e.g. ours goes on about twice per week for 2 persons worth of dishes, cutlery, saucepans, etc.

Plus you haven't got all that messing about actually performing the chore of washing-up ... plus it's more hygienic.

Community Veteran

@twocvbloke it is a DWD5411

I don't mind doing dishes, but SHMBO wanted a dishwasher so a dishwasher she got. I usually end up doing the SS pots by hand anyway.

Community Veteran

Looked it up, defective solenoid valve, probably the diaphragm inside it that's given up or the little piston that pushes down onto the diaphragm isn't pressing hard enough thus filling with water overnight, and as mentioned, turning off at the tap overnight to confirm it is probably a smart move...

Could also be a water pressure issue, but, the way a solenoid valve works, the higher the pressure, the more it seals, so maybe low pressure issues?

Fixes: 47

Dishwashers are great for washing your iPad.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

RobPN wrote:

Minivanman wrote:

Well it'll be no help me telling you I'm not a fan of those energy guzzling water using things.

You mean a washing-up bowl filled from the hot tap?  Wink

Using a dishwasher can be more economical both for water and energy use than washing-up using Marigolds.  Most people doing that will wash the dishes at least once a day (who wants dirty plates and cutlery hanging about in the sink?), whereas if you use a dishwasher you can simply stack stuff in it until it's full.  e.g. ours goes on about twice per week for 2 persons worth of dishes, cutlery, saucepans, etc.

Plus you haven't got all that messing about actually performing the chore of washing-up ... plus it's more hygienic.

We do not have a dish washer but if you leave dirty plates in it for 2 or 3 days will the thing not start to smell after a period of time ? And does it clean everything, egg of plates for example.

@HairyMcbiker

We had a washing machine that did exactly the same thing, would sometimes be half full of clean water, as it was 7 or 8 years old we went for a new machine, my main worry was that it could continue to fill and flood the kitchen and like many washing machines the water supply tap was at the back of the machine and hard to get at.