cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting attitude from a police officer.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Disgusting attitude from a police officer.

Some officer by the name of Payne in the USA arrested a nurse because she wouldn't take blood from an unconscious patient who was not under arrest, unconscious and could not consent and was not a suspect in a crime. The patient had in fact been an innocent victim of a traffic accident.

Hospital management become involved, they explain that there is an agreement between the hospital and the police dept and the officer eventually loses his rag and arrests the nurse who is simply following policy - that the police had agreed to.

More here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4843964/Video-shows-nurse-handcuffs-doing-job.html

For the dailymail haters: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=alex+payne+arrest&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB732GB732&oq=alex+payne+arrest...

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
14 REPLIES
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Disgusting attitude from a police officer.

Yep saw it on BBC Breakfast yesterday morning. Talk about over stepping his authority.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Disgusting Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

This was reported in the Daily Mail.. (i think, ) a couple of days ago.... Yesterday they reported he had been suspended and was under investigation... or something like that...

Some yankee cops are "full of themselves" cos that`s the way they have to deal with people... Anyone who questions their "authority".. gets the same treatment..... It happens over here too..

I was parked on double yellows, outside my business premises a few years ago, unloading.. after 5 pm...  in what can only be described as almost a precinct.. ( actually a small market square) with very very occasional traffic... ... along comes a police car... and tells me to move on.... when I tell him what I am doing. he immediately said... "If you don`t move it, I`ll arrest you for section 5 breach of the peace"... . When I asked him where I could move it to, he suggested a driveway 15-20  feet away.. (.i.e. the other end of the building next door )..  that had a clear sign " NO Parking, Doctors emergency entrance"..  ( it was the back way to the surgery ).. and he was quite happy for me to park there, in contravention of that sign.

(ok.. you could say that the sign was not legal.... but it was in someone elses drive way.. and an "Important one too" .. )

Community Veteran

Certain jobs attract a certain type of people. So this sort of behaviour is inevitable in the police.

Maybe some jobs should require psychologists to be part of the job interview process.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

There are already psychometric tests for police in the UK but for the US it would appear not. Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@Mook

Be interesting to know how effective psychometric tests are.

Very easy to get such tests along with the answers so you can give the ' correct answer' rather than the answer you would have really given.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

The point of these tests is that there is no right or wrong answer for any question. Each question gives you a score and the total is then used to asses your 'suitability' for the position.

I really don't know how much credibility these tests have, when it's so easy to put it down to an individual's eccentricities. I was watching a documentary the other day where it showed that every one would score points on any psychopath test, but due to the sum of the score they aren't deemed psychopathic.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

That's the same with other tests:  We all have traits of OCD etc. but it's only when they take over your life to a debilitating extent that you'll get the psychiatric 'label'.

Community Veteran

Let's not forget the vast majority of Police Officers who do a very good job. There will always be a rogue element in any group of people but we shouldn't let that paint a bad picture of the rest.

Community Veteran

artmo wrote:

There will always be a rogue element in any group of people.

Would that by any chance be you on here? Cheesy

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
DaveyH
Pro

Community Veteran

Reading the above article I had thought he had been suspended but apparently not. Still on active duty just not on the "blood draw" program anymore.

I suppose you have to shoot an unarmed person to actually get suspended in the states.

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Only suspended if they are white.

Blacks & Mexicans etc are fair game.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The whole thing is a bit of an Internet storm now. Here's a reasonably good update.

http://idahostatejournal.com/news/local/unconscious-patient-in-utah-nurse-arrest-is-from-east-idaho/...

It turns out the victim patient, still in hospital with burns, was also a part time policeman from another State.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.