cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion re AAISP/BT/BE Split off

Community Veteran

Discussion re AAISP/BT/BE Split off

I am currently in the middle of the second major outage with AAISP this week, although, as with the last outage it is a BT issue in Edinburgh. I am awaiting a status update http://status.aaisp.net.uk/?incident=635
Thankfully I do have a second backup connection obviously as I am able to make this post.
Despite the two BT outages my AAISP connection is still much more useable than my old PN Business connection.
jim:green title changed mod:end
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: I am sorry to bring this to the public forum....

I am migrating my AAISP connection onto BE's network. BT20CN is just too expensive for daytime use with AAISP and there is no sign of 21CN being available to me anytime soon.
According to the AAISP website, using BE's network is better that BT in many ways. I am not sure if my current connection could get any better!
I have also went for Annex M a upstream is almost more important to me than downstream.
Community Veteran

Re: I am sorry to bring this to the public forum....

Quote from: Sean
I am migrating my AAISP connection onto BE's network

That will be interesting, I assume you mean you're with AAISP on a BT-ADSL1 connection at present.
I'm not sure how AAISP use Be's network differently from a "native" Be user (which I am) but the absence of BT's DLM and effectively unthrottled and unlimited backhaul capacity could well be a revelation.
Annex M could give you up to 2.5mbps upstream if your line is short enough.  Grin
As you said you work on real-time streaming video I think you'll be a happy bunny.
A friend of mine runs a videoconferencing business and they have multiple broadband suppliers including Be. They can run very high-definition video (mainly for medical purposes - live operating theatre multiple data/video feeds and the like) very easily over the Be links.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Discussion re AAISP/BT/BE Split off

Ah back to my old days 1995 would you believe Video Conferencing between Basildon and Detroit via private line and Goonhilly