Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Discussion on Jameseh Post - New additions in the CSC

29 REPLIES
win7xp
Grafter

Re: Discussion on Jameseh Post - New additions in the CSC

Nice to see you back James.
So by the end of June if response times are not down to 4 hours you will be waving goodbye again ?
James
Grafter

No Smiley
It's an aim of ours.  Should we see a suddenly massive growth in customers, we might not be able to hit that target, but we'll continue making improvements until we're able to do.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Welcome home James !.... Thanks for the update on why you came back..... and also what is likely to happen in the future....
I think this deserves a linky on my "Rant" in "products ideas and suggestions"  about "Get more staff to answer tickets......"
However,...... I shall be watching  Cool
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

At last an acknowledgement that many of us have known for some time: the recent advertising campaigns have led to a growth in in users at a faster rate than the resources in Customer Services and Technical Support can sustain. It's difficult telling the sales department to take their foot off the accelerator when their bonuses are dependent upon maximising sales, but that is what is needed until the resources are in place and up to speed.
Lets hope this means no more idiotic stunts like this for a while until things settle down.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

All feels like déjà vu to me – I remember Ian making much the same promises about Plusnet's support a few years ago. Perhaps this is going to be a perpetual cycle: PN get more customers, support lags behind, PN eventually bring support up to scratch, PN get yet more customers, support lags behind again…
James
Grafter

That's a pretty fair comparison.  However, at the time we certainly weren't growing the call centre by anything like the volume we are currently.
I'd say to give us 3-6 months and see if you notice the improvements.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Jameseh, Why don't you have the CSC staff work at knite?  I now there is some staff at night but you need more to clere the backlog of tikits, you could do this for say one month to clere the backlog of tikits?  So what I am saying is have the sekshon that does the tikits fully staffed 24/7 for one month and see how it go's.
P.S.
Welcome back home
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
That's a pretty fair comparison.  However, at the time we certainly weren't growing the call centre by anything like the volume we are currently.
I'd say to give us 3-6 months and see if you notice the improvements.

Wow that long eh!  Tongue
When is the maaf  Durban support centre closing  Grin
Good to have you back on the Staff

Alastair
James
Grafter

Gary,
Whilst I hear what you're saying, it's more beneficial for us to have staff in during the day, so they can answer tickets and calls during our busiest times of the day.  There are specific members of staff assigned to tickets during the day, so there wouldn't be any benefit to having them in at night.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Jameseh
so there wouldn't be any benefit to having them in at night.

The backlog would benefit.  as I sed try it for one month.
James
Grafter

A backlog would reduce with extra staff.
Having extra people on when it's quiet serves no benefit - how are we going to answer tickets within 4 hours when we have a large amount of staff working nights?
It just wouldn't work.
reserved
Grafter

So does that mean that if a ticket is raised at say 1900 it wouldn't be looked at until the next day as there wouldn't be any staff working during the evening/night. That means that it wouldn't be possible to close it anyway within 4 hours. Does the "closure within 4 hours" target only apply to 0900 - 1700 Monday to Friday then?
James
Grafter

We still have a full (and growing) technical team whose shift covers up to midnight.  We then have nightshift who are in until (I think) 7:15.
All teams will grow.
Dennis - Just to add to that, my earlier post was referring to having a large number of staff on nightshift, they obviously wouldn't be able to answer tickets raised at 9am within 4 hours.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

The legend returns  Wink
Welcome back Jameseh