Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimable LED light bulbs

Leapy
Aspiring Pro

Dimable LED light bulbs

I'm in the process of replacing all my lightbulbs with LED ones. Smiley

So far, so good, apart from an old 4ft fluorescent tube and a 150w ES dimmable uplighter bulb, to replace the halogen one. Undecided

The 4ft fluorescent tube problem is fixable with a newer light fixing, but the 150w uplighter is a real challenge.

Has anyone done this?

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,
8 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Dimable LED light bulbs

A lot of this company's offerings are dimmable but 150 watt equivalent might be difficult.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@Leapy Uplighter.... very nice... but... do you NEED 150watts?  or could you "downsize" and still be usable,.... if not... then perhaps you could consider replacing the existing fitting with three bulb fitting, to take ( say ) 3 x 60w  replacements (or equiv in LED wattage.)  or.... three separate uplighter units, strategically placed...

Leapy
Aspiring Pro

@shutter for now I have replaced the dimmable 150w halogen bulb with a10w  dimmable (60w)  LED bulb, so its a move in the right direction Smiley although when moving the dimmer switch it is not seamless and is prone to flashing!  So I think dimming is a challenge (let alone higher wattage equalvents)

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

@Leapy

LED bulbs can be very picky about the type of dimmer switches they will work with.

Have a read of this https://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/article/dimming-guide/ aka "Dimming for Dummies" (no insult meant)

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I haven't seen any 150W equivalent LEDs but here's a 100W equivalent dimmable.

https://www.ryness.co.uk/integral-14w-dimmable-es-frosted-led-classic-gls-lamp-warm-white

Leapy
Aspiring Pro

Dimming for Dummies LOL Funny Reminds me of Crash Testing for Dummies 

I read Dimming for Dummies, now the hard stuffI read Dimming for Dummies, now the hard stuff

I have a sliding foot dimmer like this one below, so I might just chop it off and use any £2 10w LED bulb and save the 140w per hour.

Is it me but isn't £15.70+ a bit steep for an equalvent 100w bulb?

sin_945026_2.jpg

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@Leapy according to this site....  ( look at the box on the right hand side of the page )

http://www.integral-led.com/products/lamps/classic-globe-gls-14w-100w-2700k-1521lm-e27-dimmable-fros...

If you use ONE of these bulbs for THREE hours per day, it will save you £13.18p per year....

(however across the top of the site....  " This item is discontinued.... click here for replacement"   ! ! !!  .Shocked  )

Good news is, the replacement will save you a further 10p a year ! ! .. Smiley

Only £9.47 on Amazon.....  ( other suppliers prices have not been checked at this time... !  Undecided )

SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53