Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Photo Frame

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

Digital Photo Frame

My photo frame died so i decided to order a new one. As the one I had had given good service and was made by an american co called Nix went on their web site and reordered a new one thursday afternoon. Received  the usual e-mails to say it was dispatched and was coming from Australia and would be delivered saturday at 8.00 pm. Frame arrived today Friday dinnertime in an Amazon prime box. Anyone have any ideas how Amazon got involved in this??? I had checked on Amazon but it was more expensive on their site so avoided them and went to the manufacturer as it was not only cheaper but free shipping. HuhRoll_eyes

5 REPLIES 5
twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Digital Photo Frame

A lot of companies these days have their stock in Amazon warehouses, so orders with them are fulfilled by Amazon themselves, even some Ebay orders arrive in Amazon packaging, I've had a couple like that myself...

nozzer
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@TTman 

That's some delivery network if it really did come from Australia in less than 24 hours, including picking, sorting and delivery.

I suppose Amazon thinks that if people sell stuff on their own web sites Amazon might as well make some money out of delivering it.

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

I suspect that when you tie up with Amazon they have a finger ( or even the whole arm ) in your business dealings,  Amazon seem to handle all the correspondence with customers ( ie you tell amazon stuff and they pass it on to customer ) - and they do stock stuff in their warehouses and have a good logistic network.  I have never had a problem getting a prompt refund via Amazon for faulty or mis sold stuff, they do treat their customers well.  Amazon stuff normally arrives far earlier than promised,  and you are kept updated of progress.

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

@nozzer Yes I agree, If it came from australia even saturday at 8.00pm seemed optimistic! No paperwork with it from either Amazon or Nix with it. As I said free delivery so cheaper than Amazon.

Extract from e-mail just to show dont need to go to specsavers.

All of the items from order #10757 have now been shipped.

They are being shipped via Fastway Australia.

win win I suppose Cool

Mook
Champion
Fixes: 2

I think that that's to give you a fuzzy feeling, as there is no way that that device was shipped next day from Australia, the flight times alone don't allow it; never mind getting from the Airport to Amazon to Courier to you.