cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff'rent Strokes Star Dies After Haemorrhage :(

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Diff'rent Strokes Star Dies After Haemorrhage :(

Its a sad day, I used to love watching this in my younger day but Former Diff'rent Strokes child actor Gary Coleman has died after suffering a brain haemorrhage.
The 42-year-old, who was beset by personal problems in recent years, was being treated for the serious head injury in hospital in Utah, America.
He had apparently suffered the injury after a fall earlier this week.
Coleman's manager John Alcanter had said the actor was in a critical condition and was unconscious on life support.
He was taken to the Utah Valley Regional Medical Centre on Wednesday.
The celebrity news website TMZ said Coleman's wife, Shannon Price, made the decision to pull his life support.
Family members and close friends were reportedly at Coleman's side when he died.
The former child star achieved huge fame through his role as Arnold Jackson in hit show Diff'rent Strokes, which ran for eight years from 1978 to 1986.
He was best known for his character's catchphrase "What'choo talkin' 'bout Willis?".
Despite the show's popularity, Coleman has since been mired in financial difficulties, and has been unable to recreate the success of his childhood career.
Both Coleman and his wife had been detained on suspicion of domestic violence since they tied the knot in 2006. Cry
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Diff'rent Strokes Star Dies After Haemorrhage :(

*yawns
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Wow Thats some reply to my thread there Oddball Undecided
Community Veteran

Dennis Hopper died today which is sad. He was an movie icon unlike the twerp you mentioned.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

This show was a show I was brought up watching so it strikes a cord for me, Perhaps you should not of made the effort to post in this thread? After all my Header says it all.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Sorry Steve, inappropriate comment (now deleted),
was replying to oddball re Easy Rider.
Sad to say I never saw Diff'rent Strokes
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Never saw your post the journeys but apology accepted, I think its sad as not just this individual but a lot of actor's, singers, heroes, icons, etc.. from my generation are all leaving and for me I don't see them being replaced any time soon.
Suppose the older people here will understand where I'm coming from as they probably feel the same from their generation.
SRD
Grafter

I can't say I knew the actor or the programme, but we all have to die and if his life was the failure you make it out to be maybe he was glad to go.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Steve
This show was a show I was brought up watching so it strikes a cord for me.

I use to watch Diff'rent Strokes all the time, he was a canny lad and good for a laf.