Diesel Engines Documentary

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Diesel Engines Documentary

This may be of interest !!
Wednesday, Sept 23rd ·
21:00-22:00 · BBC4
Looking at the surprising story of the diesel engine - a 19th century invention which is the hidden powerhouse behind the globalised world and is now indispensable.
Car enthusiast Mark Evans gets hands on with Mr Diesel's original creation, including vintage submarines, tractors, locomotive trains and container ships.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Diesel Engines Documentary

Mark Evans? Blimey, haven't seen him since he was doing the "... is born" series of shows where he was building custom vehicles... Shocked
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Damn things... they should all be sent to the melting pot. Diesel is disgusting stuff, it stinks, it pollutes and just lately its worst crime is being cheaper than petrol.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

But until recent refining technology there was a fixed ratio between petrol an diesel and the other distillates so it had to be consumed. We couldn't just use petrol.
Also much of the world relies on diesel generators as a cheap reliable power supply.  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: 7up
Damn things... they should all be sent to the melting pot. Diesel is disgusting stuff, it stinks, it pollutes and just lately its worst crime is being cheaper than petrol.

The irony there being that your avatar showed a picture of an Intercity 125... Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKUdTDVAPCg
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: 7up
.... and just lately its worst crime is being cheaper than petrol.

sorry, that's my fault, I went back to petrol from diesel a couple of months ago  Roll eyes