Did they accept PayPal

nadger
Rising Star

Did they accept PayPal

8 REPLIES
geewizz
Grafter

Re: Did they accept PayPal

Sadly this website closure is bad for the economy. In these days of economic slumps, the stolen money sloshing into the marketplace will be sorely missed and many businesses will suffer from this dangerous shutdown of criminal activity. If the police just stuck to harassing motorists instead of meddling in economic affairs then we might not have to worry about bank closures and recessions.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Rubbish. In bad economic times do you think its funny that people get money stolen from their debit cards? Just lost their job and then their bank account gets rinsed. Yeah geewizz I'd hate to live in this country if you were PM.
I really can't beleive you just said that.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

jeez, man, take your humour pill.
Community Veteran

I was thinking the same myself Smiley
geewizz
Grafter

Quote from: okrzynska
Yeah geewizz I'd hate to live in this country if you were PM.

Waste no more time worrying about that possibility. I was brought up in a house less than 200 yards from Gordon Brown's parents and lightning doesn't strike twice (unless you count the Pitts).
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Thank the lord.
I still think you're very insensitive. We've tough times after my partners account was completely rinsed via debit card. I can tell you its absolutely horrible and then the bank treat you like you're guilty and start adding on their excess overdraft fee's etc when you're already in a huge mess. Then to top it all off they take around 2 weeks to refund the money.
If you think thats a good thing then you really do need to go and get some professional help.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

I know PayPal sometimes get a bad press but here's something that happened to me recently which rather impressed me. 
I was in the US and bought 2 small items on a site that was trading out of China. I wanted the goods delivered to my US address.  They asked for payment by PayPal which I was happy to do.  Within a few minutes of completing the transaction I got a call on my UK mobile from PayPal asking me to verify I had made the transaction. Once they had spoken to me they approved the transaction.  The total order value was $13 (under £Cool.  They explained they saw a UK PayPal account buying goods in China for delivery to a US address and thought they should check it out.
The one problem I could have had was if I had not got my UK mobile with me.  I wonder what would have happened if they couldn't speak to me.
techguy
Grafter

What geewizz said was funny,  okrzynska but yes I feel sorry for anyone who is the victim of debit card fraud and unless they are a banker, anyone who has been told they are being made redundant or have already lost their job.
I always use a credit card when shopping online so that my current account isn't exposed.