cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did PlusNet have the right idea?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Did PlusNet have the right idea?

In this morning's news it is announced BT are to recruit 1000 Hell Desk staff in the UK and move more support calls from the Indian call centres. Did PN have the right idea all along or will BT rob Leeds for trained support staff?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: Did PlusNet have the right idea?

I'm starting my countdown now, but as an opening estimate I'd say within 10 maybe even 5. I'll explain later.
Well the answer was 2. This was in reference to 'trained staff'. I knew I wouldn't be let down.  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Press release: http://www.btplc.com/news/#/pressreleases/bt-to-create-1-000-permanent-uk-jobs-1294374
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Fixes: 104

you're assuming that there any in leeds to start with Roll eyes
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: AlaricAdair
In this morning's news it is announced BT are to recruit 1000 Hell Desk staff in the UK and move more support calls from the Indian call centres. Did PN have the right idea all along or will BT rob Leeds for trained support staff?

based on the time it takes the phone to be answered, then i would have to say NO they don't have the right idea.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well, I am glad that I am not a BT customer if I have to wait this long for the phone to be answered......

BT today announced that it will create 1,000 permanent UK jobs as it works to meet its commitment to answer more than 80 per cent of BT Consumer customers’ calls from within the UK by the end of 2016.

I shall try not to complain, again, about how long it takes to get the phone answered at PN towers ! ! ! .... Cheesy

and, as there seems to be lots of complaints about BTOR engineers NOT turning up, as arranged.... how about PN getting in on this

and has launched the BT App that allows customers to do things like check their bill or track the progress of their engineer if they have booked a home appointment.

Won`t stop them not turning up...but at least you may get some idea IF he will.........

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Quote from: AlaricAdair
Is this a Freudian slip or did you mean it
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

When I used to work in IT it was ALWAYS called the HELL desk. Usually 'cause of the turn over.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Oldjim
Is this a Freudian slip or did you mean it

You're forgetting I used to manage the managers of several Help Desk teams.  Smiley   I've seen both sides of the coin. The endearment was intentional

Edit: geriatric typo removed.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
Well, I am glad that I am not a BT customer if I have to wait this long for the phone to be answered......

Being with both BT and Plusnet all I can say is the last time I rang BT there was no wait but the last time I rang Plusnet..................................................................................................
TimeRider
Grafter

The bigger difference is that BT employ someone just cos they can read from a script - very unlikely they'll actually understand what's being read and less likely they can help with any problems.
If your engineer doesn't turn up - you can claim compensation Smiley
Asides from poor staff playing with their 'resolve' script on the phones, they're even sanctioned if they veer off script to save time and resolve problems.
Then there's the VERY poor communication in their network, and the billing issues - I know someone who still got bills THREE years after leaving them (he joined plusnet) - and yes they wanted line rental, broadband, etc (which he now paid to plusnet).. Now he gets debt letters for the money he NEVER did owe!
So BT.... Well, the elderly often stick with them because once that's all there was, but more and more are leaving... Incompetent, costly, and... No thanks!